Talk about whatever you want to here, but stay correct
#323972 by Lettuce
Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:49 pm
Have a peek at my thread about it on FB. He was in the building for HALF AN HOUR! I broke my hand once and was in there for 4 hours, I didn't complain because there was probably someone through the back on death's door while I was sitting there reading a magazine. Also one of my college/work buddies had an accident on the set of Prometheus and almost severed her thumb on a Friday, she had to wait til Sunday morning to have her tendons reattached because her scheduled surgery had to be pushed back due to a major car accident, I'd think that was cause to complain but she didn't because she knew that she's survive and (ultimately after about a year) make a total recovery.
I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for the bloke; he was covered to go to a BUPA (private) A&E if he wanted to. But no doctor would be able to give him some miracle cure so he could go perform a show within 15 minutes, they'd either keep him in or send him off with a prescription and told to cancel the next few shows. What a huge fanny.
#324347 by Nathan_lol
Fri May 22, 2015 11:21 pm
You know what's just plain awesome? This fucking forum. You people never banned me when you should have. You never deactivated my account when honestly that would have been an amazing idea. So thanks guys.

Also, this new design is amazing. I've seen a lot of internet forums over the year, and so many are dogshit. This isn't one!
#324354 by Tyroshai
Sat May 23, 2015 2:17 am
Nathan_lol wrote:You know what's just plain awesome? This fucking forum. You people never banned me when you should have. You never deactivated my account when honestly that would have been an amazing idea. So thanks guys.

Also, this new design is amazing. I've seen a lot of internet forums over the year, and so many are dogshit. This isn't one!



Nathaaaaaaaaan, welcome back! <3
#324357 by Faye_Fergy
Sat May 23, 2015 1:14 pm
Who's watching Eurovision?!? BRING THE BEER


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#324358 by JuZ
Sat May 23, 2015 1:46 pm
Yep watching it with the kids as the sun comes up.

Baxter's favourite so far was that funny little Belgian bloke.

I'm hoping for a Aussie win and Guy Sebastian is a fine warbler so he's got a chance I guess.

Latvia did a pretty neat impersonation of a Sia chorus.

Edit: How much do these stages cost to set up? Damn.

Double edit: put your shirt back on, Spain.
#324360 by EphelDuath666
Sat May 23, 2015 2:50 pm
where's the good old strange, funny performances though. Those were always the most entertaining ones.
#324361 by Nathan_lol
Sun May 24, 2015 12:49 am
I'm in love again. Same girl. My first girlfriend. We had a great time. I finally grew the balls to start talking to her again and...holy shit. It's like I'm in the good old times again. Fucking shit. Just me die already!

Anyways, She told me she's kept all of the CDs I burnt her in the 8th grade. Porcupine Tree and Opeth mostly. She said she only listens to them when she's sad. What the fuck did I do to her? But she's here now, and she's stronger. I literally can't wait to see her again. We're taking things slow though. I think we might go on a date next week? But fuck, I can text her. It feels so good.

Anyways, I feel like explain everything to her. Where I've been, what I've gone through. Instead I made her another CD. It's a playlist of just Devin Townsend songs that remind me of her.

1. Effervescent
2. True North
3. Kingdom (1998)
4. Kingdom (2012)
5. Storm
6. Night
7. Universal Flame
8. Sky Blue
9. Slow Me Down
10. Things Beyond Things
11. Angel

I spent an hour making a booklet with lyrics, printing them out and cutting them to fix. On the last page is the first picture of me and her together. The first day we started our "relationship".

Above the photo, it says "My Angel."
#324364 by Faye_Fergy
Sun May 24, 2015 5:36 am
JuZ wrote:Yep watching it with the kids as the sun comes up.

Baxter's favourite so far was that funny little Belgian bloke.

I'm hoping for a Aussie win and Guy Sebastian is a fine warbler so he's got a chance I guess.

Latvia did a pretty neat impersonation of a Sia chorus.

Edit: How much do these stages cost to set up? Damn.

Double edit: put your shirt back on, Spain.


I really wanted the Aussies to win too, I enjoyed their song! I wonder what they will do for next year, if you come in the top 5, you automatically qualify for the next year's competition.

Sweden's song was ok, I think the visual effects did it for them (how amazing were they??)

We were awful. As always.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#324365 by Faye_Fergy
Sun May 24, 2015 5:37 am
I did actually dig Latvia, but probably because I quite like Sia! Lol!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#324376 by JuZ
Mon May 25, 2015 2:42 am
Poor Germany and Austria! :(

Gotta say Faye, it wasn't your strongest year this year. What's with that? The UK produces so much amazing music... except for at Eurovision lol!

Latvia was great, I think Sia's an incredible talent so the similarity is definitely a compliment.

Guy Sebastian's pretty much a household name here. He won the first Australian Idol and has a great, Stevie Wonder-esque voice with huge range. Seems like a really decent lad too. Did us proud.

Maybe we can convince Sia to enter Eurovision if Australia gets to compete again. ;)
#324379 by Faye_Fergy
Mon May 25, 2015 4:19 am
JuZ wrote:Poor Germany and Austria! :(

Gotta say Faye, it wasn't your strongest year this year. What's with that? The UK produces so much amazing music... except for at Eurovision lol!

Latvia was great, I think Sia's an incredible talent so the similarity is definitely a compliment.

Guy Sebastian's pretty much a household name here. He won the first Australian Idol and has a great, Stevie Wonder-esque voice with huge range. Seems like a really decent lad too. Did us proud.

Maybe we can convince Sia to enter Eurovision if Australia gets to compete again. ;)


JuZ wrote:Poor Germany and Austria! :(

Gotta say Faye, it wasn't your strongest year this year. What's with that? The UK produces so much amazing music... except for at Eurovision lol!

Latvia was great, I think Sia's an incredible talent so the similarity is definitely a compliment.

Guy Sebastian's pretty much a household name here. He won the first Australian Idol and has a great, Stevie Wonder-esque voice with huge range. Seems like a really decent lad too. Did us proud.

Maybe we can convince Sia to enter Eurovision if Australia gets to compete again. ;)


That's what I don't get, it's not like we're lacking in decent music!! I think we try and always think of an "angle" to go in with, and apparently forget to go in with the "decent music" angle!! I think we honestly try and carry our music heritage into the competition and think it will do because it's "better" than the rest. Let's not forget that this steaming pile of dog turd:

{YouTube}f9y8hqsYXTw{/YouTube}

https://youtu.be/f9y8hqsYXTw

Guy's song reminded me of that Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars tune.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#324387 by fragility
Tue May 26, 2015 4:01 pm
My life is just plain awesome, I am so insanely lucky! And I say this dame spite the burning sensation in my eyes resulting from what is now 4 weeks of being woken every 60-90 minutes

It would even more just plain awesome if it was exactly like it is now, but with sleep!
#324392 by Nathan_lol
Wed May 27, 2015 11:43 pm
got a lot of shit going on with phoenix comic con. interviewing some of my favorite comic book writers while dressed up as my favorite comic book character (Spider Jerusalem). had a funny run in with the co--creator of Spider today, neither of us said anything but ill be back tomorrow to interview him in character (for a website i do interviews for now, i did not plan any of this)

but despite all of this, just....

she loves me. fucking shit. after all these years.

she loves me.
#324394 by Lettuce
Thu May 28, 2015 8:06 am
A music video I worked on THREE YEARS AGO is finally out-

[youtube]6GyxpOxtYGQ[/youtube]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest