Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#298382 by ppinkham
Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:09 pm
...and lost to these guys:

[youtube]m4qH3pcPsTs[/youtube]

Yeah, award shows suck. Still, it would have been a huge step in helping Dev get his music out there.

The JUNO awards are broadcast tonight. It's a Canadian thing, for those who didn't know.

http://junoawards.ca/

If William Shatner hosts again next year, maybe he and Ziltoid can get into a fight onstage ala this:

[youtube]4SK0cUNMnMM[/youtube]
#298397 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:00 am
Wow, if you had told me that winning album was recorded in 1999, I would have believed you.

But yeah, getting a nomination for the award is at least something. Then again, who needs a Juno or a Grammy when you have thousands of rabid fans at your side who couldn't care less about what awards you had anyway?

Though I would pay to see Ziltoid vs Shatner. :mrgreen:
#298905 by olol
Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 pm
I think Anvil was nominated too. But don't worry, the Junos are considered a joke to many Canadians, like the Grammies are to many Americans. Actually, the Grammies are a joke to Canadians, too.
#308277 by ClockworkVirus
Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:42 pm
Ghost was nominated for a Polaris, which is more academic and prestigious kind of thing as far as I can tell. The Junos are about on par with MTV awards and it would be a total fluke if any decent band got any attention through them.