Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#272705 by Jaglavak
Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:32 pm
Since I was just listening to this earlier... one: this song is absolutely insane; every single part of it. Beyond heavy, as well as the perfect way to end the album. Two: Dev lets out a 13 second scream about halfway through (right after the first set of 'DIE!'s) and I think it might be his longest ever. AHTNF's is 10, if I remember right, and Shitstorm had a few that came to 8... but 13 seconds? Seriously, seriously crazy stuff...
#272793 by barackobaka
Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:19 am
Devin said somehwere that after the conclusion in the song Deconstruction, Poltergeist is him trying to purge the memories of Decon, then Ghost is accepting them and living with them.
#272805 by snout
Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:13 am
To me this is the laying to rest of SYL.

That rage is spent, that period is done, time to move on... but, HOLY FUCK was it good.

That last minute of sheer eargasm, from seeking the one true light, literally makes me cry tears of joy, I shit you not.
Just thinking about out it makes me well up...

Thank you Devin.
Just Thank you.
#272815 by barackobaka
Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:21 am
Jaglavak wrote:Since I was just listening to this earlier... one: this song is absolutely insane; every single part of it. Beyond heavy, as well as the perfect way to end the album. Two: Dev lets out a 13 second scream about halfway through (right after the first set of 'DIE!'s) and I think it might be his longest ever. AHTNF's is 10, if I remember right, and Shitstorm had a few that came to 8... but 13 seconds? Seriously, seriously crazy stuff...

lol, I saw an interview with him recently and he said he uses protools for thos really long screams.
#272818 by Jaglavak
Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:52 am
barackobaka wrote:
Jaglavak wrote:Since I was just listening to this earlier... one: this song is absolutely insane; every single part of it. Beyond heavy, as well as the perfect way to end the album. Two: Dev lets out a 13 second scream about halfway through (right after the first set of 'DIE!'s) and I think it might be his longest ever. AHTNF's is 10, if I remember right, and Shitstorm had a few that came to 8... but 13 seconds? Seriously, seriously crazy stuff...

lol, I saw an interview with him recently and he said he uses protools for thos really long screams.

I know he's done that before (pretty sure he messed with his vocals on Shine, for example) but I don't think he did that in this case... when he uses Protools, you usually don't hear him 'coming off' the scream. In Shine's case, he just fades into the background as the music changes, but on Poltergeist, you can actually hear his voice going up/down a little bit as well as when he cuts himself off moments later. I'll have to listen to it again; don't really look for this kind of stuff anyways when during 'normal' listens... this one was just so out of control that I really started to wonder 'is this even real?!' Maybe some clarification from the man himself would help? :mrgreen:
#274685 by Aniland
Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:26 am
I remember being so sad after "Stand" ended, because I realized he had omitted the crazy scream of it from the promo video. Then, at the last seconds of the album, it pulled the biggest and best surprise ever.
#274747 by mrbean667
Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am
I'm really warming up to Poltergeist. At first it was a bit too much for me, too 'samey' with Dev screaming his head off and REALLY LOUD mastering. After a few listens, I began to appreciate it. It's one of the two 'SYL' tracks for me, that and Pandemic.
#275002 by DerTrommler
Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:52 pm
My favorite part, hands down, is the screams after "Stand for what you truly believe in!" I think they may be Dev's most brutal, throat tearing screams. "Now, we all know the piece of mind that comes from the fight! Now, we stand tall forever and seek the one true light!" Cold chills, every time!