Face your chaos, know who you are!
#251001 by Octillus
Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:18 pm
Do not take it for granted. There is more honesty and heart in here than most people have in their entire lives. Cherish it.
#251002 by Tyroshai
Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:25 pm
Wholeheartedly.
#251057 by Chimairacle
Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:07 pm
gs48 wrote:At first I liked only couple of tracks. After a few listens this turned to be great record from beginning to the end. Dev sure is amazing as whole.

This is exactly how I felt. As a whole, I tend to prefer the noisier, rockier, metal side of music and sort of put everything else to the side, but I really have come to love this album.
#251107 by GuyOne
Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:33 am
I go through many different music phases quite regularly and Ki always fits into those lazy Sunday mornings where I sit down on the couch with a cup of morning coffee and plan to do nothing. Ki reflects that. The music is amazing but it puts me into a "go no where and accomplish nothing" kind of mood. Just flowing along the coast. :D
#251109 by Tyroshai
Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:32 am
GuyOne wrote:I go through many different music phases quite regularly and Ki always fits into those lazy Sunday mornings where I sit down on the couch with a cup of morning coffee and plan to do nothing. Ki reflects that. The music is amazing but it puts me into a "go no where and accomplish nothing" kind of mood. Just flowing along the coast. :D

True.

Though I remember when I first heard it, for me it was inexplicably a very tense and uncomfortable album to listen to (except for the title track). Not sure why, there's just so much weight to it, musically, very dense. Perhaps I just wasn't at the right mindset to be fully ready to appreciate it upon its release.

It certainly was a 'grower' though, and it attributes itself perfectly now to so many states of mind & physical and emotional environments. For better and for worse.

Recently it absolutely blew my mind.
Nothing but unconditional love for Ki now :)
#251153 by GuyOne
Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:06 pm
What happened to me: we went all summer and fall (until Addicted was released) listening to Ki. It was a real grower at first but eventually I understood the build up to DTP that Ki is. My wife just really enjoys the relaxed atmosphere but it usually takes her a little more time to warm up to music.

But when Addicted came out I lent Ki to a friend of mine. He has had the album ever since! A year now! Luckily I took a high quality rip to my computer but I admit that when the album isn't actually in my hands I tend to forget that I have access to it. Even with the MP3 rip and Spotify readily available.
#252145 by mrbean667
Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 am
Damn right, all of you. Man, a year on and Ki is still one of the most important albums for me. Last year it got me through my first depressive episode, and it has helped to relax and entertain me ever since.
This album is indeed amazing, in every sense of the word.
#252438 by ferocitas
Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 pm
Ki 1,5 years ago, Addicted 1 year ago, Tuska gigs 0,5 years ago, Ki again now. It seems I need Devin to keep my head above water every six months. The experience of Tuska gigs reminded me how good life can feel. Too bad it's so easy to fall back on your old, depressive tracks and forget. -15 celsius, dead of winter, 10:30pm, I just popped in Ki first time since summer. Think it's pulling my head above water again. Amazing, peaceful, fulfilling. I think I can sleep now. Nighty-night.
#254914 by Bookwyrm83
Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 am
Recently listened to it again, and it hasn't diminished; it just gets better, as great albums do.
#256920 by Alf
Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:37 pm
Yes, amazing it is. So relaxed yet intense - absolutely unique. Addicted is even better in my opinion, and from what I've heard Decon could be the best thing Devin has ever done. The previews of Ghost sound sweet also.

Considering all of this, I anticipate the DTP being the greatest musical adventure Devin has embarked upon yet. I'm not engaging in hyperbole or exxagerating at all. I sincerely believe that, and cannot wait for it's completion.
#258027 by Leazti_
Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:47 pm
It bored me at first listen, but Ki quickly grew on me and now it is my all-time favourite album.
#260134 by Faffy
Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:20 am
When is this album going to stop growing on me? There must be some upper limit... somewhere? D:
God I love it!

When I first heard the samples I didn't think I'd like Ki at all, but I still had some hope. When I got the album I thought "Oh well.. guess I can't like everything he makes". But I found myself listening to it throughout that entire summer, and today it's the album I've listened most to... ever, not just by Devin, but in general. The songs I thought would be my greatest favorites turned out to be my least favorites (all though I still love 'em!), while the songs I liked the least are among my top favorites. The only exceptions are Trainfire and Ki, which I loved from the very beginning. In addition to those my favorites are Quiet Riot, Terminal and Lady Helen. Because of this, I am absolutely thrilled every time Devin says he's gonna do something new, because I think it's gonna open more doors for me in terms of music.

Blahblahblah.. my point is: I love Ki, and I can't seem to get enough of it. It's almost a little creepy.
#262427 by ctfod
Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:50 am
When Ki first came out, I thought it was good, but too long for its own good. Addicted was a much more easily accessible album, but now I think Ki had eclipsed Addicted somewhat. Everything from that sexy clean tone, Duris' absolute swagger behind the kit and the smoothly-done, effortless metal sections are all perfect.
#275852 by barackobaka
Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 pm
I was a little confused by Ki when it first came out and a little disappointed, but listening to it now I realise just how much I've come to love it.
One of the highest points in a career full of high points!
Really, I can't fault it, just wow... its completely different to anything Devin has ever done, and benefits from it.
Ghost rules, but somehow it wasn't that unexpected... Ki is lonely, beatiful and has this subtle feeling of quiet self-discovery and resolution.
Without a doubt one of the best things The Dev has done. That goes for the whole DTP in fact.