The infinite waltz, welcome home, ladies and gentlemen
#200807 by swervedriver
Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:20 am
I've only heard the 2.0 version which breaks up Star Child Rise and puts it between War and Soul Driven. While the whole remix already has a very different feel than the Infinity we all know and love, I was really curious to hear the 2.1 version which leaves Processional intact (not separating Star Child Rise and wedging it in between War and Soul Driven). Since I couldn't get a link to that version I went to work on it myself and just finished it. [boring] Took me more effort than I thought because I wanted to try and make the transitions between songs as natural-sounding as possible, so I ended up borrowing bits from Sit In The Mountain and Love-Load to blend Processional nicely with Truth and Christeen as well as millisecond editing to get certain beats on the same place (most notably in the transition from Soul Driven to om). [/boring]

Anyway, I wanted to hop in and say that in this form the album sounds much more focused. I love Bad Devil and Ants (Colonial Boy hasn't really clicked with me), but not having them on Infinity takes out a lot of craziness/quirkiness thus giving the album a much better 'flow'. Of course this is just my humble and unimportant opinion but I just wanted to say that without this forum I would've never even thought of an 'alternate' Infinity, an alternate Infinity I'm enjoying a lot at the moment. So, yeah. :)
#205688 by Jaymz
Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:26 am
swervedriver wrote:I've only heard the 2.0 version which breaks up Star Child Rise and puts it between War and Soul Driven. While the whole remix already has a very different feel than the Infinity we all know and love, I was really curious to hear the 2.1 version which leaves Processional intact (not separating Star Child Rise and wedging it in between War and Soul Driven). Since I couldn't get a link to that version I went to work on it myself and just finished it. [boring] Took me more effort than I thought because I wanted to try and make the transitions between songs as natural-sounding as possible, so I ended up borrowing bits from Sit In The Mountain and Love-Load to blend Processional nicely with Truth and Christeen as well as millisecond editing to get certain beats on the same place (most notably in the transition from Soul Driven to om). [/boring]

Anyway, I wanted to hop in and say that in this form the album sounds much more focused. I love Bad Devil and Ants (Colonial Boy hasn't really clicked with me), but not having them on Infinity takes out a lot of craziness/quirkiness thus giving the album a much better 'flow'. Of course this is just my humble and unimportant opinion but I just wanted to say that without this forum I would've never even thought of an 'alternate' Infinity, an alternate Infinity I'm enjoying a lot at the moment. So, yeah. :)

The 'boring' sounds quite interesting if you ask me! Would you be able to share this work with others? I'd love to hear it - I got the 4 Demos CD a day ago and am interested how it can be made to all fit together.
#206252 by swervedriver
Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:24 am
I'm ok with sharing it with some people (active members I guess) now that I'm pretty satisfied with all the non-default transitions. What would be the best (as well as allowed) way to share this? Megaupload or something (it's around 80 Mb)? I suppose such a link would then be for PM-purposes only, as I don't think sharing copyrighted material on the boards is allowed, right?
#206257 by Jaymz
Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:21 am
Megaupload or Rapidshare would be my suggestion. As for the actual sharing I suppose you'd be best off PM'ing people the link although it's a sticky minefield of sticky mines if that's not allowed. Might be better to square it with a moderator first or something.
#217268 by Fira
Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:57 am
me wants! i listened today to the list in order, but not edited. sounds good, and i can see where its is going when properly mixed.

and i also think it is more complete in this fashion. me wants.
#230763 by 2fat2furious
Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 pm
I've got a question, anyone else thinks loveload goes at the end of war? Not rght at the end, but some where around the 5:30 mark, where devin says quiet quiet. I noticed it has that same cackly explosion clip, but in war it was slowed down a bit, or love load was speed up, either way. Am I Alone?
#256618 by BaldMosher446
Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:32 pm
Between 2.0 and 2.1 I preferred 2.1 most. With that said...HOLY HELL! This is now my new favourite DT album (I honestly never thought I would find myself ever preferring another album over OM and Terria, which I considered my co-#1 favourites). I don't know what else to say other than saying how awesome it is! :guitar: