Face your chaos, know who you are!
#215274 by croomekid
Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:36 pm
Billy Rhomboid wrote:And you should use fewer commas.

Eh, it was to emphasize the flow of words.
and I hate run-on sentences.
#215890 by Wander
Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:48 am
overture wrote:So, I probably sound like a broken record, but what happened to the vinyl version of Ki?

:)

I'd be interested to know too. I'm sure there are quite a few people who'd be interested in buying Dev albums on vinyl if it was just possible.
#217374 by hairbearbunch
Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 pm
Didn't someone once post on here some where they'd even be willing to help finance a pressing?
You can buy your own record cutters now I'm pretty sure, dj's used 'em, blank vinyl.
#217392 by Dr.Mosh
Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:17 am
The Dev wrote:Who produces vinyl? Do you know a company?

Maybe you can get in touch with Karl Sanders of Nile, who are also no CMs distro as far as I can tell. They do vinyl releases of all their albums
#217409 by overture
Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:13 am
Dr.Mosh wrote:

Maybe you can get in touch with Karl Sanders of Nile, who are also no CMs distro as far as I can tell. They do vinyl releases of all their albums

Back on Black (they mostly release "classic" metal records, but have some new stuff too: Death, Cynic, Exodus, Cannibal Corpse, Meshuggah, Motorhead, Nightwish, Opeth, Slayer)
http://www.backonblack.com/

Tonefloat (very high quality vinyl, a lot of different and interesting special editions: their best selling vinyl article is probably Porcupine Tree)
http://www.crazy-diamond.nl/tonefloat/

Koch Records
Night of the Vinyl Dead
Peaceville records
there are many...

I dont know much about the hierarchy of these companies, cause it seems there are a lot divisions and who owns who is kinda hard to tell.
Last edited by overture on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
#217452 by Ike
Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:39 am
Pallas, from my old Hometown Diepholz in Germany is one of the last big vinyl producers:

http://www.pallas-group.de/pallas-01.php

As far as I know, they do a lot of large quantities for huge bands like metallica, but also small numbers for the underground. Deutsche Wertarbeit since '49, so the product will be top notch!
#217611 by filthmammoth
Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:03 am

I know there are a lot of indie rock labels that get vinyl pressed, but I don't know where.
#217717 by eat your beets
Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:27 pm
I know Im a bit behind the times here, but its not easy to get hold of Devs stuff here in NZ.
Just bought Ki last week and listened to it on the drive home from a Slayer/Megadeth double live show. Have to say I was not really impressed at the time and chucked the CD into the glovebox in the car and muttered about how dissapointed I was with it.
Anyway, I have only just pulled it back out of my car and put it on my stereo and cranked it right up.

Boy was I wrong,(im putting it down to the fact my ears were ringing from Slayer live that I didnt enjoy it at first)
Dev, another awesome album. I refuse to say it is better than your previous work because I love it all.

Fucken brilliant work and I cant wait till Addicted becomes available here. But until then I am listening to ki constantly.

Thanks Devin

Simon :lol:
#217725 by croomekid
Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:00 pm
Hah, never too late to start posting. :)
Yeah, it doesn't hit home as hard if you've been listening to anything heavy prior.
#217728 by ruin
Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:30 pm
Don't take advantage of this information but I would snap up anything and everything Devy on vinyl in a heartbeat.
#217764 by overture
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:58 am
Anesthetize wrote:Tonefloat makes awesome vinyl pressings.

Yup.

Back on Black label is probably ideal for SYL vinyl releases.
Tonefloat for everything else Dev does (even Hummer)