Talk about other artists here (even though they all rip off Meshuggah)
#325181 by fragility
Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:35 pm
I have been a little naughty and listened to the songs from the upcoming Biffy and Badbadnotgood. Just finishing BBNG and both are awesome.

Given they're both out on the same day, it would be a huge dilemma which to listen to first...if we weren't in Scotland for my Granny's 90th. Decision made!
#325446 by EphelDuath666
Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:54 pm
music by The Dear Hunter...not sure how I was able to ignore these guys for so long. Really good stuff...it's like Dredg, Fleet Foxes, Incubus and some prog rock band made some music together.
#325448 by EphelDuath666
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:02 am
absolutely! Like I said, no idea how it took me so long to discover them. Would have made it way more easy to get their first 2 albums if it hadn't taken me so long. Now I'm gonna have to pay a fortune for 'em, heh :P
#325455 by fragility
Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:02 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:absolutely! Like I said, no idea how it took me so long to discover them. Would have made it way more easy to get their first 2 albums if it hadn't taken me so long. Now I'm gonna have to pay a fortune for 'em, heh :P

Yeah, but that joy of finding an awesome band with a substantial back catalogue is a rarity :)

Today feels autumnal. Pain of Salvation - Be feels like an autumnal album. And so it shall be played.
#325477 by Morill
Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:14 am
I have attended King Crimson gig this week in Poland and since then I simply listen to KC albums everyday - mostly Red and In the Court of the Crimson King.
#325479 by EphelDuath666
Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 pm
Morill wrote:I have attended King Crimson gig this week in Poland and since then I simply listen to KC albums everyday - mostly Red and In the Court of the Crimson King.

I salute you! I just received the 40th anniversary edition of In The Wake of Poseidon :-) Red and In the Court.... are awesome albums. And Epitaph is my #1 all time favorite song. :)
#325496 by iceblink
Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:59 am
Right at this very moment i'm listening to Babymetal!
The last few days i've been hearing :
Play It Loud by Slade.
Get Your Wings by Aerosmith.
Bad Reputation by Thin Lizzy.
Retrospective by Red House Painters.
Orgasmatron by Motorhead
Moonmadness by Camel
Who Else? by Jeff Beck.
#325602 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 am
Oceans of Slumber - Winter.
I didn't know anything about the band, I just liked the album art and cold bought the CD.
Turns out it's actually perfect music for me right now. Great cover of The Moody Blues on there, too.

[youtube]assbMcXuPRU[/youtube]