I'm gonna melt you guys!

#60283 by fragility
Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:00 am
I'm just listening for the second time and although work is definately not the place to absorb this, I can definately see me getting a lot of interesting listens out of this :)

#60288 by DustyHell
Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:54 am
I have only one thing to say about this album: Devin, you sick fuck, we love you!

#60290 by niklang
Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:10 am
fragility wrote:I'm just listening for the second time and although work is definately not the place to absorb this, I can definately see me getting a lot of interesting listens out of this :)

I was just gonna post something similar.
Trying to listen to it whilst concentrating on your work at a computer is a bad idea! Dunno what sort of crap i might come up with.

#60291 by Olive?
Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:14 am
The last night I was listening to it while driving home.
Bad idea... I was totally tripped away with my mind and I got a wrong way!!

Fuckin' sick stuff!!

#60298 by fragility
Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:42 am
yes, also glad I didn't have it on in the car this morning! haha

#60335 by Pullapoika
Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:39 am
Is the Devlab available only in HDR music store? Will it be published in music stores in Europe someday? Finland is tiny country but all other Dev records are for sale here, so maybe i'll find Devlab from some store,too.

#60339 by Janne
Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:45 am
Still haven't got my copy. Maybe tomorrow? *crossing fingers*

Felt a little bad for Optimadam - he had the guts to go on a DT messageboard and call Devlab crap, and was met with disrespect from some people. You felt the need to pick on his spelling and repeatedly asked him to defent his viewpoint (althogh this has not been asked any of you that gave the album a good review). I know this might be a bit much to demand of a board filled with fans, but I can at least hope for it.

I will probably just listen to the album once. I don't enjoy ambient music and music without melody (which this is, if I understand you correctly) is even harder for me to cope with. I still respect Devin as an artist - but I reserve the right to call Devlab "crap" (if that's what is turns out to be). And, more importantly, I reserve the right to speak this point of view without having to defend it, just because some people feel uneasy (or whatever the problem is) with critisism towards their "God"...

#60344 by fragility
Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:00 am
I don't think you really reserve the right to call any music 'crap' as it is entirely subjective. You can say that you really dislike it and fail to see the attraction, but I'm not sure it's anyone's place to call any music crap

#60349 by optimadam
Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:08 am
Janne wrote:Still haven't got my copy. Maybe tomorrow? *crossing fingers*

Felt a little bad for Optimadam - he had the guts to go on a DT messageboard and call Devlab crap, and was met with disrespect from some people. You felt the need to pick on his spelling and repeatedly asked him to defent his viewpoint (althogh this has not been asked any of you that gave the album a good review). I know this might be a bit much to demand of a board filled with fans, but I can at least hope for it.

I will probably just listen to the album once. I don't enjoy ambient music and music without melody (which this is, if I understand you correctly) is even harder for me to cope with. I still respect Devin as an artist - but I reserve the right to call Devlab "crap" (if that's what is turns out to be). And, more importantly, I reserve the right to speak this point of view without having to defend it, just because some people feel uneasy (or whatever the problem is) with critisism towards their "God"...

Thank you for ur support and kind word. I am glad someone allows me my freedom of speach.

I am a very hard core fan of devs so i though i would be entitled to my own opion with out been picked on by all the other hard core fans but obvesly this isnt the case.

Thanks Again.

#60351 by Blazingmonga
Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:17 am
Dont worry Optimadam, its all cool. You are more than welcome to voice any kind of opinion...but we are also equally likely to discuss it. Thats what this is all about.

Dont be scared!

#60352 by Sinkharmony
Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:20 am
I'm going to get it for myself after Christmas, just in case someone got it for me. I have to restrain myself from reading the posts in this thread though so it won't color my impression of the album. :D

#60378 by powercozmic
Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:55 am
All I can say about Devlab is that it's different from anything he's done before even Project EKO.
Project EKO had lots of beats and definite tunes. And so did his other records.
But unlike his previous records, Devlab is a 65 minute continuous flow of unrestricted ambient music including all of Dev's screams, moans and strangeness. People who prefer definitive melodies would not like it.
Like Dev said it's not for everyone.
I'm listening to it for the 3rd time now and I LOVE it !!
And I don't wanna miss out on anything.

#60427 by simbelmyne
Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:08 pm
so, if you want to compare it to anything - as said before - forget Project EKO and Love-Load.

think of some songs, which end with these devyesque backgroundnoises - the best example for that is "the fluke" (which has a quite long ending).

btw, i like "DevLab".

#60430 by Guest
Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:21 pm
Pullapoika wrote:Is the Devlab available only in HDR music store? Will it be published in music stores in Europe someday?

No
this is a record available on the site only, as the ass sordid demos and the official bootleg

Geoff

#60433 by simen_88
Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:51 pm
simbelmyne wrote:so, if you want to compare it to anything - as said before - forget Project EKO and Love-Load.

think of some songs, which end with these devyesque backgroundnoises - the best example for that is "the fluke" (which has a quite long ending).

btw, i like "DevLab".
Greasy poop on a stick, this album sounds great! I love those background noises.