I'm gonna melt you guys!

#77542 by Archetype
Fri May 06, 2005 8:30 am
I played Devlab and Project EKO in the car a couple of days ago on the way to the beach, with a couple of my more ... "less metal-loving friends" to put it softly. They loved it, but immediately said "It's still a Devin Townsend production". And it's true, when you compare EKO to other dance tracks, it's easy to hear which ones are made by Devin.
So, a DJ Devy tour would be cool, but I'm guessing it's still mainly metalheads which will be standing there :)

#77561 by EternalMetal
Fri May 06, 2005 8:16 pm
Archetype wrote:I played Devlab and Project EKO in the car a couple of days ago on the way to the beach, with a couple of my more ... "less metal-loving friends" to put it softly. They loved it, but immediately said "It's still a Devin Townsend production". And it's true, when you compare EKO to other dance tracks, it's easy to hear which ones are made by Devin.
So, a DJ Devy tour would be cool, but I'm guessing it's still mainly metalheads which will be standing there :)

I hate when people just dont want to like something simply because they are holding a grudge. I think a lot of my friends/buddies do this whenever i show them Devin, and never really get interested because i like it. idk, people are retarded sometimes.

#77567 by CardDinour
Sat May 07, 2005 3:26 am
EternalMetal wrote:I hate when people just dont want to like something simply because they are holding a grudge. I think a lot of my friends/buddies do this whenever i show them Devin, and never really get interested because i like it. idk, people are retarded sometimes.

haha thats exactly the same as me, not everyone, but a fair few of them.

as for playing DevLab and EKO in the car, i popped DevLab while on the way to work, and it was so enjoyable!! it was soothing and awesome driving music! :D

#77623 by EternalMetal
Mon May 09, 2005 12:14 pm
I GOT DEVLAB PLAYING RIGHT NOW!!!

Im on track 2 and i think its pretty crazy. Im really liking it though. Its all that background shit you dont hear well on the metal records.

#77645 by danceswithchickens
Mon May 09, 2005 6:00 pm
Took you long enough ;).

It's a good album, though not something most people will listen to every day.

#77653 by psychotic
Tue May 10, 2005 12:59 am
I played Devlab for my roommate a few days ago just because he's a fan and somewhat of a fan of ambient music. We were both very drunk and a little bit high, so all those sensations in the music were multiplied by about ten or so, and finally after it was on for about twenty minutes he went over to the stereo and turned it down saying that it was freaking him out a lot. Anyway, he does like it, so that's all that matters.

#77659 by danceswithchickens
Tue May 10, 2005 5:23 am
psychotic wrote:I played Devlab for my roommate a few days ago just because he's a fan and somewhat of a fan of ambient music. We were both very drunk and a little bit high, so all those sensations in the music were multiplied by about ten or so, and finally after it was on for about twenty minutes he went over to the stereo and turned it down saying that it was freaking him out a lot. Anyway, he does like it, so that's all that matters.

What a sissy :P

#77670 by Blazingmonga
Tue May 10, 2005 1:18 pm
danceswithchickens wrote:
psychotic wrote:I played Devlab for my roommate a few days ago just because he's a fan and somewhat of a fan of ambient music. We were both very drunk and a little bit high, so all those sensations in the music were multiplied by about ten or so, and finally after it was on for about twenty minutes he went over to the stereo and turned it down saying that it was freaking him out a lot. Anyway, he does like it, so that's all that matters.

Sissy? I dont blame him! Its damn scary stuff...try walking alone at night while listening to this. In the middle of nowhere. Alone.

#77683 by HiPoCrAcY
Tue May 10, 2005 10:21 pm
Yes or on Psycadelics which i might try after mushroom hunting :D

I find that devlab is good for drawing whic ive been doing lately!

#77705 by EternalMetal
Wed May 11, 2005 10:39 am
I put on Devlab last night on headphones and slept with it on. I listened really hard before falling asleep and it sounded really great. So i slept all night with the headphones on. I idnt have nightmares like i expected, but i think (dreams are hard to remember) Devin was in it.

MMM psychedelcs and Devs music. Gotta try it with Devlab, but it might be too scarry :P

#77735 by psychotic
Thu May 12, 2005 1:30 am
Blazingmonga wrote:

Sissy? I dont blame him! Its damn scary stuff...try walking alone at night while listening to this. In the middle of nowhere. Alone.

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah, just keep in mind that neither of us were in a totally straight state of mind and that he isn't nearly as used to stuff like that as even any of us are (since if you're still on this thread you've gotta be a fan of the masterpiece). He's a huge fan of somewhat similar stuff, just not to that extent. Anyway, yeah, I was thinking that for a bit after, but at least he didn't turn it off.

I've got another story to tell about it though. I suffer through sleep paralysis some nights, which is basically any nightmares coming true to put it simply. You're laying asleep and basically you're actually half asleep, but you're right there in your room and you feel like someone's standing right next to you, or in another case I've had recently, someone was actually whispering things into my ear in a language I couldn't understand, but I knew exactly what they were saying, but anyway, I have this, and the other night I decided to listen to Devlab as music to sleep to. Bad idea for anyone who also has sleep paralysis. I was laying face down, and I was half awake and all of a sudden I felt this wind going by my head, and it was my head only, that whole part of my body got really cold and I could really feel it on my eardrums as the sound of the wind went right by my head, and I haven't mentioned it yet, but you could figure by the name, I couldn't do anything about it, because I couldn't move. I was totally bound to that position and just had to lay there as it all happened, trying to curse the demon that was doing this to me, until I realized that it was probably Devin... :twisted: . Anyway, it was a pretty scary experience, but one I'd love to live over and over again.

#77763 by EternalMetal
Thu May 12, 2005 11:13 am
psychotic wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah, just keep in mind that neither of us were in a totally straight state of mind and that he isn't nearly as used to stuff like that as even any of us are (since if you're still on this thread you've gotta be a fan of the masterpiece). He's a huge fan of somewhat similar stuff, just not to that extent. Anyway, yeah, I was thinking that for a bit after, but at least he didn't turn it off.

I've got another story to tell about it though. I suffer through sleep paralysis some nights, which is basically any nightmares coming true to put it simply. You're laying asleep and basically you're actually half asleep, but you're right there in your room and you feel like someone's standing right next to you, or in another case I've had recently, someone was actually whispering things into my ear in a language I couldn't understand, but I knew exactly what they were saying, but anyway, I have this, and the other night I decided to listen to Devlab as music to sleep to. Bad idea for anyone who also has sleep paralysis. I was laying face down, and I was half awake and all of a sudden I felt this wind going by my head, and it was my head only, that whole part of my body got really cold and I could really feel it on my eardrums as the sound of the wind went right by my head, and I haven't mentioned it yet, but you could figure by the name, I couldn't do anything about it, because I couldn't move. I was totally bound to that position and just had to lay there as it all happened, trying to curse the demon that was doing this to me, until I realized that it was probably Devin... :twisted: . Anyway, it was a pretty scary experience, but one I'd love to live over and over again.

Thats pretty sweet, a trip for free. I envy you :lol:

I tried to give myself a nightmare again tonight and it still didnt work. I dont thik having bad dreams is something i am currently capable of.

#77880 by FUBAR
Mon May 16, 2005 2:28 am
I got Devinlab recently and I love it, I've been looking for this kind of music for a while. Anyone know any similar albums or artists?

#77893 by Blazingmonga
Mon May 16, 2005 6:57 am
psychotic wrote:I've got another story to tell about it though. I suffer through sleep paralysis some nights, which is basically any nightmares coming true to put it simply. You're laying asleep and basically you're actually half asleep, but you're right there in your room and you feel like someone's standing right next to you, or in another case I've had recently, someone was actually whispering things into my ear in a language I couldn't understand, but I knew exactly what they were saying, but anyway, I have this, and the other night I decided to listen to Devlab as music to sleep to. Bad idea for anyone who also has sleep paralysis. I was laying face down, and I was half awake and all of a sudden I felt this wind going by my head, and it was my head only, that whole part of my body got really cold and I could really feel it on my eardrums as the sound of the wind went right by my head, and I haven't mentioned it yet, but you could figure by the name, I couldn't do anything about it, because I couldn't move. I was totally bound to that position and just had to lay there as it all happened, trying to curse the demon that was doing this to me, until I realized that it was probably Devin... :twisted: . Anyway, it was a pretty scary experience, but one I'd love to live over and over again.

I have suffered from sleep paralysis on many occasions, sometimes mildly and sometimes quite severe. I totally understand the feeling of wanting to experience it again, though it was so utterly terrifying that its a strange way to react to it. Bloody mind boggling...ha. The feeling of absolute terror that you can experience with this situation is truly unbelieveable, it really makes you think twice about reality. The human brain is pretty bizarre like that.