I'm gonna melt you guys!

#71435 by aedro
Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:43 pm
simen_88 wrote:Yeah, that part is great. I prefer the part a little bit further into the song, though.
"The solution is easy. KKRRRCHHH!"
That part.

yeah that bit is one of my favourite bits of the CD :)... along with the beginning of the last track...

EternalMetal wrote:SAMPLES!!!!! Smile

I wanna hear it, can someone please post up a track or two? Its not like im asing for the whole cd, and dev does the same thing with every cd he has (on the website).

i don't think one or two tracks will do Devlab justice... it will just seem weird... the whole CD is kind of a prgression (a journey dare i say?) :P... if you take one track out of context them you'll probably just say wtf?!...

#71471 by danceswithchickens
Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:13 am
^^^Very good point. There are no two tracks on the album which will respresent what the whole thing sounds like. Even if it's onyl something you listen to once in a while, I think it's still worth buying...

#71594 by ASHORIZZOR
Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:51 pm
:roll: Devlab is realy.............? I donn't know.......but I like it ......because it's different....and you have to concentrate while hearing it.......it is nothing you can "run" in the background........!? Anyone who agree to that?

#71601 by simen_88
Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:12 am
I like running it in the background. It is ambient, after all.

#71623 by danceswithchickens
Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:14 am
simen_88 wrote:I like running it in the background. It is ambient, after all.

But if you run it in the background, you might as well not be listening to it at all, because you miss most of the interesting stuff going on. Eko is more background music to me, whereas Devlab required much more attnetion to appreciate.

#71628 by King Fear
Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:26 am
"To appreciate", exactly. Still, it also works as background music, in a different way.

#71677 by ASHORIZZOR
Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:35 am
danceswithchickens wrote:
simen_88 wrote:I like running it in the background. It is ambient, after all.

But if you run it in the background, you might as well not be listening to it at all, because you miss most of the interesting stuff going on. Eko is more background music to me, whereas Devlab required much more attnetion to appreciate.

yeap :lol:

#72724 by Magical Man
Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:22 am
Got it yesterday. Listened to it three times since. I love it.

Don't know if Devin knows anything by Steve Roach, especially his more guitar-made-drone oriented material such as Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces or Darkest Before Dawn, but it's the kind of music i love. It's interesting as background music since it can change the atmosphere of your room just by putting it, and still it's incredible when you listen to it carefully with headphones.

By the way, Devlab is awesome. Congrats Devin! :)

#72747 by IBrokeAString
Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:40 am
I was pretty sceptic in the beginning because I tend to be a rather snobbish bastard towards abstract art (which is what I regard DevLab to be) and develop a pub-bully point of view on the subject if I'm not careful, but DevLab really has something to it.

Sure, it's noise, but I fucking love it! Some passages are creepy as hell or seem to come from the next room. Just fragments of dialogue, conversations and yeah of course radio moderator sample stuff. It's a bit like one big sonic nightmare from which the character awakes after track number 14 with the buzz of the timer.

it's definitely not just "random noise" and I like that very much. Actually I am half-inclined trying something like this myself one day.

There was a hint towards other ambient stuff coming in the future in the leaflet I recieved with the cd......
COUNT ME IN :)

#76274 by CardDinour
Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:03 am
i just ordered it today, ive really started digging Dev heaps and thought this would be something interesting to buy. i cant wait for it to come :)

#76281 by danceswithchickens
Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:22 am
Cool, let us know what you think.

#76296 by burning witch
Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:16 am
Bit late for this thread but :

I love Devlab, I really do. I like noise and ambient anyway so maybe I'm biased, but the whole record plays like a dream, litteraly, and you're taken from one extreme to another and gives the most wonderful mental images.

Big thumbs up from me deffinitely.

#76297 by EphelDuath666
Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:06 am
FINALLY got it last week and listened to it every night ever since I got it. When I heard the first song for the first time (which probably is an intro) I was like WTF??? But then the rest was just like I expected it to be. Awesome stuff. I specifically like Devlab XII, so sweeeeet!

#77022 by ethor
Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:34 pm
did anyone else notice that the whole "i am from space" dialogue bit is actually sound samples from the mid nineties movie Twelve Monkeys, with brad pitt and bruce willis? its a great movie, i was listening to devlab trying to sleep when i suddenly realized i had heard the dialogue before, it was a big trip indeed.