The time has come to forget all the bullshit and ROCK!
#308822 by swervedriver
Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:11 am
Right then, since today is the official release date for North Americans, here's your subforum. Since us Europeans have to wait another week (24th officially), please respect the non-spoiler thread. But for everything else, have at 'er.

Don't forget you can submit suggestions for a subforum header here.
#308861 by ppinkham
Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:34 am
Virtua Afro DJ wrote:For those who haven't downloaded them yet, Cry Forever and Take My Ego are AWESOME. iTunes exclusivity is bullshit, but whatever.

However, it is cool that they didn't make them "album only" purchases, because that would have been the epitome of bullshit.
#308867 by sylkicks
Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 am
ppinkham wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Epicloud review:

http://www.metalreview.com/reviews/6859/devin-townsend-project-epicloud

Sums it up nicely.

Pretty much nailed it.

I concur. Dude said in better words than I could exactly why I love Epicloud so much.

A comment below on the review said as well: "i have met the man twice. once you do, there isn't a note of his that won't make sense to you."

A-fuckin'-men to that.
#308869 by drukore
Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:07 am
sylkicks wrote:
ppinkham wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:Epicloud review:

http://www.metalreview.com/reviews/6859/devin-townsend-project-epicloud

Sums it up nicely.

Pretty much nailed it.

I concur. Dude said in better words than I could exactly why I love Epicloud so much.

A comment below on the review said as well: "i have met the man twice. once you do, there isn't a note of his that won't make sense to you."

A-fuckin'-men to that.

THANK YOU! ^^^^^^^ Seriously. I've talked with Dev in person numerous times and I feel the same way. This guy manages to balance a family life with the life of a musician, and progressively gets better at his craft with every effort and there are people on here that continually act like "well this isn't Devin's best effort", could you please show us what YOUR best effort on something is. Besides being a critical fanboy on a forum. If you don't like Epicloud, fine. It's not for everyone. But accusing him of "throwing together a song"...dumb.
#308870 by Telescopes Are Gay
Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:09 am
ppinkham wrote:Oh btw, anytime you all want to thank me for inspiring Dev to make 'Epicloud,' the line forms to the left:

http://hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewto ... 86#p252886

:thanks:

You're welcome.

:mrgreen:

Hey Dev, make a gangsta rap album! Complete with diss tracks, skits, PHAT BEATZ, and shoutouts to Dave Young (Whom will be referred to as DJ Dave & The Younginz)
#308876 by hunter_mc
Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:50 am
Virtua Afro DJ wrote:For those who haven't downloaded them yet, Cry Forever and Take My Ego are AWESOME. iTunes exclusivity is bullshit, but whatever.

At least they let you buy the tracks separately. Some times they'll only let you buy the iTunes exclusives if you purchase the entire album again, and when they do that I just find them through other means.