Got any questions for Dev's management? Ask Jasper!
#305325 by wyldweasil
Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:02 am
Hey Jasper,
I remember maybe a year or 2 ago, Dev teased he was planning something special for NYC, and nothing really happened. After hearing from Dev himself that his October 2010 headlining show at the Gramercy was "well received" by management and booking teams, I was pretty sure something big would happen, like maybe a full album show or something similar.

Any idea on what this was supposed to be, and/or if this is still going to happen at some point?

~Chris
#305364 by JasperNMC
Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:06 am
wyldweasil wrote:Hey Jasper,
I remember maybe a year or 2 ago, Dev teased he was planning something special for NYC, and nothing really happened. After hearing from Dev himself that his October 2010 headlining show at the Gramercy was "well received" by management and booking teams, I was pretty sure something big would happen, like maybe a full album show or something similar.

Any idea on what this was supposed to be, and/or if this is still going to happen at some point?

~Chris

I think it was Devin hinting about possibly doing the same 4 album shows as we did in London for By A Thread. The idea was to repeat the thing in NY and LA but in the end we couldnt get a good venue for four nights in a row plus the expenses of rehearsals and getting all the guest musicians together were simply way too high. The loss we made on the London gigs was only made break even by the DVD and merch sales which we just can't afford to do again. That said we still want to do something special for N America at some point but fact remains that Devin's popularity in the Americas first needs to rise before we can afford to do cool things. Ticket sales are just not up to par with what we see in Europe and you need to be able to sell out a decent size venue with an appropriate ticket price in order to have money for extra production. We're heavily investing in the US right now (the current Epic Kings & Idols tour is looking at a big loss) and we hope that his will pay off in the long run. It'll be a slow process though, especially with the current economic climate where ticket and other product sales just keep going down instead of up.