Got any questions for Dev's management? Ask Jasper!
#305287 by mymomlikesdogs
Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:02 am
Hey Jasper, First, thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask these questions.

Okay so, as I'm sure your aware, Devin doesn't have that big of an American audience compared to other countries. I mentioned in another thread awhile back that festivals were a good way for him to get exposure, and you agreed. If it's at all possible, can you share some of your plans for Devy in America? Or if there really isn't any concrete plans, than simply your thoughts? Like which festivals in America he can possibly play?

And another thing, has Devin ever gotten any 'interesting' offers (whether it be for a tour or festival, or anything else) that ultimately had to be turned down?

If you're unable to answer these questions, I totally get it.

Thanks again!
#305291 by JasperNMC
Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:55 am
Hi Mymomlikesdogs,

its a little early to say as next year's festival offers just dont come in until Jan/Feb. For this year we delined all offers since Dev has bee workinghard inthe studio so we only did a few Euro fests (which do pay a lot more than US ones but that applies to all bands, not just Devin) We do intend to have Devin play more gigs in the US and festivals will be more than welcome but as said before, it really depends on the offer. You can't fly a whole band + crew in and out of a city if the offer doesnt even cover the expense.

Cheers,
Jasper
#305295 by mymomlikesdogs
Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm
Well, we Americans sure are cheap bastards so that's expected. :P

Thanks for the answer Jasper!
#305307 by ppinkham
Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:43 pm
Is there anything in the works as far as marketing Dev more in North America? I believe there is a larger audience for Dev over here that has yet to be tapped, but his prior management seemed to have just given up completely. With his diversity, his personality, Zitloid, etc., you would think that something would stick with people.

What can we in the states do to help get Dev more exposure? People we can call, write, etc? I'd love to see him on a talks how someday. That would be a major coupe.
#305313 by Meh
Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:52 am
I'm European but my understanding is that metal just isn't popular in the USA anymore. Little to do with Devin and little anyone can do about it. In South America metal is apparently very popular but has very little support network bar the internet.
#305328 by ppinkham
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 am
Metal popularity is definitely not what it was back in the 80's and 90's, and it isn't as popular as it currently is in Europe. However, Devin isn't purely metal. An album like 'Epicloud' would fit more within just "rock" here. Here are some genre statistics from last year:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/1889 ... enre-2010/

Because of his diversity Devin can be marketed as "rock" and not just metal. Instead of being the metal guy that makes the occasional rock album, he can be the rock guy that makes the occasional metal album.
#305365 by JasperNMC
Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:25 am
The 'problem' with Devin (which at the same time is his biggest strenght) is his diversity. He has done so many different things that it is very hard to make someone who doesnt know Devin understand what he is all about. An old grandma may get the Ghost CD from her grandson and love it enough to google Dev and then she'll bump into Juular or something and die of an instant heart attack. Devin is a man who needs to do what his gut tells him to do at any particular moment in time and prior to us managing him he's has done exactly that. He's gotten quite popular doing this but at a certain point you reach a ceiling in your popularity and thats what we're trying to break right now by trying to find a more clear direction in which the (main bulk) of the music needs to go while trying to give Devin still all the freedom that his creativity needs. One example is the consious decision to keep Epicloud and the touring around it under the DTP banner and not as another new Devin project so people will grow more familiar with the brand. And this doesnt apply to just fans; concert promoters, media, publishing companies etc etc also need to realize that the brand is a strong one which should result in more income in the long run giving us more possibilties to do bigger and better things. There's a ton more things that have to do with this and its way too much to write them all down here but to summarize: our main task right now is to find a clear direction that Devin and his excisting fans are comfortable with so we can build on that and attract more fans. Hope that makes sense.

As to what you guys can do to help: just make sure you BUY product, get your friends to see concerts, watch the videos over and over to raise the stats, comment on news posts on the Blabbermouths of this world... Simply make sure your love for Dev is seen and heard which im sure you've all been doing already. We're only just getting started and im absolutely sure that Devin's future will be a bright one.
#305846 by NamasteLikeBender
Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:35 am
JasperNMC wrote:
As to what you guys can do to help: just make sure you BUY product, get your friends to see concerts, watch the videos over and over to raise the stats, comment on news posts on the Blabbermouths of this world... Simply make sure your love for Dev is seen and heard which im sure you've all been doing already. We're only just getting started and im absolutely sure that Devin's future will be a bright one.

Ha, I'll be doing my part to make sure I get as many people as I can to the St. Paul show on August 16 (I'm actually from Eau Claire, WI where Devin played last December). I want a full fucking house.

Also, I'm going to have to buy more shirts because I keep losing weight O_o When I saw him last year, I bought like four XL shirts, none of which fit me anymore when I was in London, so I bought three large t-shirts. Now, I fit mediums. So...yeah, that's some extra money right there! :D
#305851 by JasperNMC
Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:38 am
Lol. Nice! It's the opposite for me. The older I get the harder is it to keep that little beer gut in check.
#305852 by NamasteLikeBender
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 am
JasperNMC wrote:Lol. Nice! It's the opposite for me. The older I get the harder is it to keep that little beer gut in check.

December 2011 in Eau Claire:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee23 ... 0754_n.jpg

June 2012 in London:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee23 ... k/Brav.jpg

I'm really hoping to get another picture with Devin in September, because I'm down about 5 kilos from the June photo. Travelling around Europe on a shoestring budget (well, now I'm wearing Crocs that are too damn small because they were the cheapest I could buy, but the point still stands) certainly has its benefits. :D
#306531 by devious_mischievous
Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:21 pm
Hey Jasper,

Do you know which version of Epicloud is being included in the North American VIP packages this fall?
#306682 by JasperNMC
Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:44 am
It'll be the standard 1CD for the VIP packages.