Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#253586 by Sweethammer
Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 pm
Ziltoid in the game Rock Band, I'm assuming. We're pulling everything together for it right now. We've got most of the tracks done, we just need to push it through the peer review stage of the Rock Band Network process.
#254083 by The Dev
Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:37 pm
Man, the last 6 months... I have produced more material than ever ever before...

Deconstruction has been a very challenging record! We are seeing eye to eye though...

How do I feel about it?

...no idea... no time to process it yet.

Sometimes I think it's overwhelmingly brilliant beyond compare and then at other times it's a big confusing, pointless shit blob.

we'll see!
#254084 by Sweethammer
Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:18 pm
The Dev wrote:Man, the last 6 months... I have produced more material than ever ever before...

Deconstruction has been a very challenging record! We are seeing eye to eye though...

How do I feel about it?

...no idea... no time to process it yet.

Sometimes I think it's overwhelmingly brilliant beyond compare and then at other times it's a big confusing, pointless shit blob.

we'll see!

Are you sure it's not overwhelmingly brilliant beyond compare because it's a big confusing, pointless shit blob? :P

I'm sure once both are out Ghost will unravel the confusing tangled ball of Decon pretty well.

Almost like it's

Deconstructing it.

dohohoho
#254088 by The Dev
Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:14 pm
Seriously... I haven't had a moment to spare since Ghost started. Each day feels like 6 hours, and deadlines that at one time were months away, come up like it's been two weeks.

I have 2 more songs to finish for Decon, one being Cheeseburger (which is immense work)

That with Ziltoid rockband, Namm, Ghost, Moving into the new jamspot, management change, Peavey live video, Peavey guitar, Album art, New live sets, Acoustic shows, Family, scoring for the symphony, jeeeezuz...it keeps going too

I'm usually up to snuff with videos and updates, but to be honest...it's all happening so fast, and although I've been filming and filming... I barely have enough time to sleep, and Decon. is such a shitshow of minute musical equations that the nightly hot bath is what keeps it all in check.

Yeehaw! Enjoying it! ...but looking forward to touring again!
#254093 by Drowd
Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:04 pm
Can't wait to hear the new records !
Are you going to release Decon, Ghost and ''Dark Ghost'' simultaneously ?
Or only Ghost and Decon first and ''Dark Ghost'' a lil' while after ?

It's great that you're looking forward to touring, I've missed the last gig in Montréal last time because and I was so mad at meself!
#254100 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 am
Few others could live up to the term "epic" as you have/are doing right now.
#254116 by Rossell
Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:07 am
You gotta admit being sober now he's having the time of his life, you can't deny that :P

Can't wait for the 1-2 combination mate.
#254119 by Helge-Uwe
Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:47 am
The Dev wrote: ...but looking forward to touring again!

so do we dev... so do we.
#254225 by cmbezln
Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 pm
ppinkham wrote:Sounds like Decon is going to be closer to the more complicated and involved parts from 'Ziltoid' rather than 'Alien,' but going above and beyond anything we've heard before.

Probably going to be a bitch live. ;)

On the whole bipolar thing, the term itself is a blanket that covers a wide range of symptoms and conditions, affecting many people in many different ways. I have suffered from bipolarism all of my life, but wasn't actually diagnosed as such until about 10 years ago. I was diagnosed and treated for a lot of things before that, like ADD, insomnia, anxiety, blah blah blah. Shit, I was even diagnosed with mild autism.

The number of medications the docs threw at me over the years is unbelievable. Some helped a tiny bit, some made things worse, and some created entirely new problems that I still haven't recovered completely from.

However, I have never smoked pot or done drugs other than what was prescribed, and I never abused those. I used to drink a bit, but not in excess. I just didn't trust my brain enough to give up any sort of control of it.

I'm just kind of 'winging it' nowadays. Sometimes I am successful and staying in control, other times I am not. I have a grasp on it though, and it is working for me. Yes, my mind is a depression and rage-filled mess, but I own it, and have power over it. I have suicidal thoughts daily, I get so filled with rage I could kill (and enjoy it), but I understand enough now about how it works and I have my releases. I can live with it. I walk a fine line, but know my limits. I also have a wonderful support group in my family, which makes me work harder at it to keep from being a burden to them. Overall, I can step back and see that I am a happy and content person, and being able to see that through the mess of my brain is what keeps me sane.

If I could get decent psychiatric help out here, I'd be all over it. That is definitely one thing over the years that helped a lot, and is why I am able to stay in control 1000 times better than I ever could before.

I firmly believe that you need a strong, fully aware mind to truly maintain control and balance. I could not live as well as I am if I gave up any ounce of the control I have. Drugs and booze can't be a part of my life. They are just not an option for me. I hear it works for some, but I know my brain too well. I'd have the world on it's knees! Mwuhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!

It's rock 'n roll!

man, i am glad my mom was not one of those moms that take their kids to the doctor over every little thing, because reading that i'm noticing that; i have trouble focusing, i have very odd and sometimes limited sleep cycles, and i can fly off the hinge and things that peeve me......

seems like if i were to go to a doctor as a kid they would have thrown all sorts of meds at me and i would have never known that im just normal.

ANYHOO

i cant wait for the next level beatz, devin.
#254231 by The Dev
Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:07 am
Said it before, but could have never made this music without being sober. It could not have been controlled...