Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#257760 by Kore
Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:10 am
Haven't posted much here, but I've been keeping up with what's going on. I can say without a doubt that I can't remember waiting for one album (let alone two) with so much anticipation.

2011: Year of the Dev.
#257797 by atum_rick
Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:52 pm
I'm so excited! My favourite musician is puting out not only one but three (I hope Ghost 2 will be out this year too) fucking albuns. Man!

And my favourite writer has just released his last book: Wise Man's Fear. I'm so not eating to have money to buy it.
#257886 by Love of Socks
Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:53 pm
I got asked by my favorite Death Metal growly dude to put him in touch with Dev when the intention for guests on Decon was announced. It was sort of funny as
a) I don't actually have any connections to Dev
b) said growly dude rather openly dislikes me when given a chance
c) Option D

and no... I won't spill. HATE spoilers!!!!
#257896 by Porkuelinn
Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:45 am
Love of Socks wrote:I got asked by my favorite Death Metal growly dude to put him in touch with Dev when the intention for guests on Decon was announced. It was sort of funny as
a) I don't actually have any connections to Dev
b) said growly dude rather openly dislikes me when given a chance
c) Option D

and no... I won't spill. HATE spoilers!!!!

So...ya got me a bit confused :?
So your buddy, Mr. Growly Dude openly dislikes you, yet, I take it he may be a friend of yours?!? And you didn't mention if he was able to contact him. I understand the secrecy of this, which in these slow times on the board, is a lil exciting if he was able to contact Devin, and if he did, is he gonna be on the album? I'm not being condescending or anything at all. Ya just got me curious because your post jst said he asked yo to contact. I'm not asking for a name, just curious as to what direction your post was going. I'm very bored right now and at this moment in time, I sit scratching my head...
:help:
Just a lil clarification would ease a troubled and very tired, Porkuelinn
Sorry if this question comes off as stupid or irritating to anyone
#257902 by Porkuelinn
Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 am
P.P.S

I'm sure my boner comment irritated some of you, so my apologies, ambien makes one do strange things in the middle of the night, but hey, atleast I'm not out driving and thinking the possibility of my car traveling back in time once it hits 88 mph so I can stop myself from making those posts is feasible......I'm gonna go now...

:coucou:

So where were we...? Ah yes! Decon! The wait is unbearable! That's more like it!
#258393 by Tonya Elf
Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:21 am
Porkuelinn wrote:P.P.S

I'm sure my boner comment irritated some of you, so my apologies, ambien makes one do strange things in the middle of the night, but hey, atleast I'm not out driving and thinking the possibility of my car traveling back in time once it hits 88 mph so I can stop myself from making those posts is feasible......I'm gonna go now...

It's um, okay. If I could I probably would, too.
#258473 by Radiac
Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:01 pm
Just got done basking in the brilliance and genius of the orchestration for Deconstruction on Youtube... Holy Crap!

I've developed a man-crush on Devin. Dev, if you want I'll be catcher to your pitcher... I mean I am married, but.. ya know.

Seriously though, I can't wait to get this album. Thanks for all your hard work.
#258843 by Radiac
Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:19 pm
Now why would you go and get a song like that stuck in my head... dang! :shock:
#260417 by Passy
Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:35 am
So incredibly psyched for Deconstruction and Ghost, and hearing Feather and Drench is such a sweet bonus. I haven't listened to the live versions of songs like Kawaii yet as I don't want to ruin the studio version for myself, so my question is can we expect more previews for Deconstruction, or perhaps a whole song pre-release like Feather was?
#260588 by Love of Socks
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm
Porkuelinn wrote:So...ya got me a bit confused :?
So your buddy, Mr. Growly Dude openly dislikes you, yet, I take it he may be a friend of yours?!?

You're not the only one who got confused. The wrong Mr. Growly dude read my post and got offended as he has given me no reason to think he dislikes me. He just assumed he was my favorite Mr. Growly Dude. He is now because that unspecified sample in question is AWESOME. I am sure the unspecified show on the unspecified date at the unspecified place will be too. Totally giving up a potentially huge party to go. So I apologize to the guy who thought I was gossiping about him.

So far as the one I was actually talking about reaching Dev... couldn't really tell you. Me and Dev are what I call "nod buddies." We are moderately polite people with similar interests whose paths cross frequently so we Nod, say hi, and at least one of us goes "soooo what is that dude's name again" as soon as the other is out of earshot. So I really don't know who has reached out to him, successfully or otherwise.
Well, there is one exception, I guess. A friend of mine used to babysit for a Swedish Metal singer, who heard Devin was coming to town and wanted to do lunch. So I reached out to someone else with similar interests and asked if Dev would like to grab a cuppa. Think they had a lovely phone call and talked about kids alot.
#260634 by catharsis
Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:12 am
what in god's name are you talking about?
#260731 by Augmented9th
Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 am
catharsis wrote:what in god's name are you talking about?

No idea - he said "reached out" so many times it keeps reminding me of that Edguy song of the same name.
#260824 by Love of Socks
Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:09 pm
Augmented9th wrote:No idea - he said "reached out" so many times it keeps reminding me of that Edguy song of the same name.

I was referencing Edguy. Good job.
#261412 by Marijn
Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:45 pm
I love Edguy! :D

And by the way, Tobias Sammet should make another Avantasia album with Devin on it as one of the guest singers!