Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#257196 by Borza
Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm
I'm curious as to why did Devy actually go to Czech republic to record the orchestra? Surely it would've been more convenient (especially money-wise) to record with another orchestra somewhere in Canada or even North America for that matter?
#257214 by Tonya Elf
Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:54 pm
Borza wrote:I'm curious as to why did Devy actually go to Czech republic to record the orchestra? Surely it would've been more convenient (especially money-wise) to record with another orchestra somewhere in Canada or even North America for that matter?

Isn't Canada in North America? :wink:
#257215 by Malikarcanum
Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:04 pm
[youtube]cQxeYQt1OAs#t=28s[/youtube]

Is it just me, or does that riff @ 0:29 sound just like Stand? :shock:

That means he's had that song (or at least the riff) for 5 + years.
Last edited by Malikarcanum on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#257216 by ppinkham
Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:06 pm
Tonya Elf wrote:
Borza wrote:I'm curious as to why did Devy actually go to Czech republic to record the orchestra? Surely it would've been more convenient (especially money-wise) to record with another orchestra somewhere in Canada or even North America for that matter?

Isn't Canada in North America? :wink:

Depends on how you hold the map.
#257221 by Borza
Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 pm
Tonya Elf wrote:Isn't Canada in North America? :wink:
Don't play smart-ass with me.:chain: :D
Borza wrote:... or even elsewhere in North America for that matter?

There, I've fixed it.
I mean he could've gone to Mexico, that's also NA! :scott:
Is it their good beer (no, cause he would've gone before he stopped tackling ale and the sort) or some epic Cheeseburger joint he visited (not that joint) we're not aware of?

Malikarcanum wrote:Is it just me, or does that riff @ 0:29 sound just like Stand? :shock:

Yeah, I guess it was just a prototype back then and now he finally figured it out...
#257222 by noobpotato
Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 pm
Malikarcanum wrote:[youtube]cQxeYQt1OAs#t=28s[/youtube]

Is it just me, or does that riff @ 0:29 sound just like Stand? :shock:

That means he's had that song (or at least the riff) for 5 + years.

I could be wrong but i think thats from planet smasher off ziltoid
#257238 by Leechmaster
Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:12 pm
I haven't heard this Stand thing ye're on about but seeing as it is Devin there's a good chance he's just recycling some of his old stuff that he likes a lot and thinks he can diversify into other songs. Sher Soft re-emerged on Ki nearly two decades after it was initially done in those L.A. recordings in '92.. Nothing wrong with a bit of repetition if it's done right!
#257239 by Malikarcanum
Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:42 pm
Leechmaster wrote:I haven't heard this Stand thing ye're on about but seeing as it is Devin there's a good chance he's just recycling some of his old stuff that he likes a lot and thinks he can diversify into other songs. Sher Soft re-emerged on Ki nearly two decades after it was initially done in those L.A. recordings in '92.. Nothing wrong with a bit of repetition if it's done right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhz423h_nI#t=45s

They are right about Planet Smasher. Forgot about that part.
#257240 by GuyOne
Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:30 pm
Most definitely Planet Smasher.
#257253 by mrbean667
Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:40 am
It's part of Dev's style to nod to his previous work, and from the beginning Stand was meant to hearken back to Planet Smasher.
You could even say that Planet Smasher was a nod to Hope.
Check out one of Stand's earliest incarnations (beginning of the video):

[youtube]dwHAxjmIv6o[/youtube]
#257267 by Jaglavak
Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:55 am
Most times, when Dev's credited a guest for their contributions to Deconstruction on Twitter, it's just been 'Thank you _____!' or 'Thanks ______!'

Check out what he had to say about Greg Puciato, who delivered his vocals just a bit ago:

Ladies and Gentlemen, @GregPuciato just tore me a new asshole. Fucking hell... AWESOME!

:D

Pumped. From the sound of it, mixing's going well with Jens over in Sweden; hopefully the finished product will come out as nicely as Dev intends it to!
#257268 by Malikarcanum
Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:07 am
mrbean667 wrote:It's part of Dev's style to nod to his previous work, and from the beginning Stand was meant to hearken back to Planet Smasher.
You could even say that Planet Smasher was a nod to Hope.
Check out one of Stand's earliest incarnations (beginning of the video):

[youtube]dwHAxjmIv6o[/youtube]

Seen it before. Love those interviews though. Could listen to him talk abut his influences, playing style, & production style for hours.