Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#281476 by Jaglavak
Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:01 pm
Someone's almost certainly noticed this by now, but I haven't been able to find any mention of it, so...

Anyone else notice that part of Dynamics pops up again at the end of Deconstruction's title track? (Beginning right after 'It's all bullshit'!) I gave Infinity a spin for the first time in forever last night, and upon hearing Dynamics again, the similarities hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm sure it was intentional on Dev's part, but very cool either way.
#281699 by fullgore
Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 pm
I'll listen for it the next time I give Infinity a spin. The thing about Devin's more recent albums, and I think this is ESPECIALLY true with Deconstruction, is that you can hear all of his older albums on there. Bits and pieces of course - a riff here, a musical idea there, a lyric that closely resembles an older one - but it's all there.

I hear a lot of Ziltoid, Ki, and bits of Infinity more than anything else on Deconstruction. Haven't noticed this one yet though. Thanks for drawing attention to it.

And now I have a hankering to listen to Unity....
#283007 by Jaglavak
Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:07 pm
Jaymz wrote:I'm not hearing it, weirdly. Little more explanation?

It's towards the end of Dynamics... different lyrics, but the melodies are similar. I might have just been hearing things, but I swear they're related.
#288807 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 am
Just listened to both, and about 3:35 into Dynamics, I can hear where you're making the comparison. It's subtle, but similar enough that you could call it a reference; and both songs have similar themes of spiritual metaphors and a meaning in life, after all.