Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#277288 by mrbean667
Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:50 pm
Probably the most overlooked song on the album, discuss here!

It works as a perfect opener in my opinion, carrying the lyrical themes of Addicted and the spooky buildup of Ki, before shaking them off and continuing into Decon.
#277305 by No OnE
Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 am
YES SIR. My first couple listens on this album, I really didn't think much of it cuz I was initially listening for the fast/technical stuff and this song kinda threw a weird vibe at me that I wasn't expecting. But now having heard the album numerous times, this song is fantastic :D I get the transitional part of it stuck in my head a lot (GIMME THAT WINE...etc...and the parts just before that).
#277332 by Tonya Elf
Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:08 am
The very first time I listened to the album, this song grabbed me immediately. I think it is a fantastic start to the album...just sort of creeps up on you and then become suddenly this heavy intro...and it leads so beautifully and perfectly into Stand. And the vocals are beautiful.
#277336 by Faffy
Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:41 am
Loved from the first minute! Definitely among my favorites. :D

The way it just grows... is just right! It's perhaps the song that I was expecting the least from the entire project. Love it.
#277353 by mymomlikesdogs
Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am
Fantastic song. Very bizarre yet intense.
Love it.
The falsetto vocals before the other half of the song remind me of Tubthumping....
#277363 by DevinJayLeibe
Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:20 am
When I started listening to Decon I kept starting from the beginning and only having time for like the first three before journey or what not was over. I agree, this song is underlooked, I was gonna make a thread about that too :3 I love it. I love the percussion and progression and how the bass at the start hints and evolves into that powerful crushing tune. And the falsetto 'so sober' part is one of my favourite vocal moments of the album! Amazing song.
#277364 by Octillus
Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:23 am
A lot of my days start with Praise the Lowered, waiting at the bus stop.
#278374 by Cosmic Sea
Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:16 pm
I've found myself getting weird Jurassic Park vibes from the horn parts (first one is around 11-12 seconds from the start). Anyone else getting JP flashbacks as well?
#278881 by Jaymz
Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:29 pm
Brilliant song, the way it kicks off is such a surprise to open the album with; I can't be the only person who expected it to open up like Namaste does or similar. The first two minutes are almost relaxing, the high vocals around 2:00 and 2:40-ish are brilliant and lead into the heavy section wonderfully. 3:30-ish's buildup made me smile, as if to say 'here it comes...' then it just goes AH FUGGIT and kicks into the "WEED, BOY! DRINK THE WINE" section, which seems, to me, heavier than it really sounds if that makes any sense.

Love it.
#278956 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:02 am
^Makes perfect sense. I like how the intro also acts as like a continuation from the ending of Awake!!, which went heavy then soft and ambient; here, it does a U-Turn, setting up the chaos of the rest of the album. Praise-worthy. :)
#279086 by ctfod
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:15 am
That percussive intro before the vocals kick in reminds me of Tom Waits' Earth Died Screaming. But as much as I do enjoy this track and Stand (I massively anticipated Stand before Decon's release) I sometimes tend to skip them to jump right into the madness with Juular, especially if I'm at work and I want to get to Poltergeist before the shop opens.