Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!

Who's your favorite guest on Deconstruction ?

0%
0%
1%
1%
8%
8%
6%
6%
8%
8%
3%
3%
11%
11%
7%
7%
1%
1%
2%
2%
2%
2%
#277078 by Aeolian
Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:45 am
Had to vote for Greg, because my god, WE PRAISE SATAN. The end.

That said, if I'm listening to Deconstruction as background music while doing something else, I always always always get sucked back into the music the second Joe appears. Devin's harsh vocals are treble-y (yet awesome), and Joe's deeper, more aggressive voice complements Devin's so damn well.
#277169 by bonekrap44
Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:20 pm
No offence to Ihsahn fans but i think Devin would of sung Juular better. I like the idea of the guests but sometimes they just kill hte songs for me. But not always...
#278020 by sylkicks
Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:34 pm
You know I'm surprised Floor Jansen hasn't received more votes. Her contribution is relatively small but it gives such a haunting beauty to Pandemic.
#278021 by Faffy
Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm
I voted for Floor Jansen! THAT WOMAN IS AWESOME!
Regarding her burnout, I hope she'll get better soon. :3
#278516 by KeasbyNights
Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm
I'm retarded, I was gonna put Greg Puciato, but hit the wrong button. How in the world did I manage that brilliance? But Greg screaming ,"WE PRAISE SATAN!!" That part seriously rocked me bad. I was sincerely frightened. It kinda reminded me of Dev's screaming on 'Skin Me', but a million times scarier.

Love the progression from praying to God, to praising ourselves, to then Satan. Awesome vocals and chilling meaning.
#279283 by Ultimetalhead
Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:23 pm
I distinctly remember Devin giving heaps of praise to Greg's performance, so when I heard him on TMM, I paid extra attention. After the first bit, I was pretty underwhelmed. Then, after the "We praise ourselves", I thought 'well, that was pretty cool, nothing earth-shattering though'. Then, out of nowhere...

WE PRAISE SAAAAAATAAAAAAAAN. My jaw hit the floor. He absolutely killed it.
#279316 by WarmSilence
Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:56 am
Juular, as a track, is my favorite on Deconstruction. Beyond the awesomely catchy melody, the main reason why it is my favorite track on Deconstruction is that when I first heard it, I wasn't expecting Ihsahn. When Ihsahn surprises you, the effects are pretty fucking incredible if you ask me. He's got my vote.
#279908 by Octillus
Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:55 pm
Quantumleaper wrote:Ziltoid, OF COURSE.

But I'm honestly surprised so few people voted for Masvidal. He perfectly protagonizes the most beautiful moment on the record!

He was my second right behind Puciato.

I really don't understand all of the love for Gojira Joe, he did his job fine, but he was definitely not my favorite.
#279923 by swervedriver
Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:18 am
Octillus wrote:
Quantumleaper wrote:Ziltoid, OF COURSE.

But I'm honestly surprised so few people voted for Masvidal. He perfectly protagonizes the most beautiful moment on the record!

He was my second right behind Puciato.

I really don't understand all of the love for Gojira Joe, he did his job fine, but he was definitely not my favorite.

I think I've described it elsewhere as Joe hitting the brown note. It's fantastic. :D
#280024 by frog
Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am
Top 3 for me:

1. Greg. Takes the cake easily. I'm a huge DEP fan already, but he delivered a great performance here. His performance starts aggressive and mounts in intensity with each phrase until his final phrase is beyond vicious to the point that I feel it in the pit of my stomach.

2. Joe. Sumeria has a real Gojira vibe from the start thanks to his presence, and I love it. It's actually his harmonies with Devin that do more for me than his solo spot - they add some nice, much-needed grit.

3. Fred. I'm used to hearing his solos in more serious contexts, but he delivered a nutty solo here which really fit with the song and added to it.