Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!

Who's your favorite guest on Deconstruction ?

0%
0%
1%
1%
8%
8%
6%
6%
8%
8%
3%
3%
11%
11%
7%
7%
1%
1%
2%
2%
2%
2%
#276280 by Drowd
Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:09 pm
So here it is.
I thought it would be the perfect poll subject.
So who's your favorite guest on the album AND why ?

I have to give my vote to Greg Puciato. I had never ever listened to Dillinger Escape Plan and was not familiar with Greg's vocals but GOD that guy is INSANE ! The ''We praise Satan'' part rips everything and ''tears me a new asshole'' everytime ! So yeah Greg Puciato for being (imo) the most ripping and intense vocalist on the album.

I have to say it was hard to choose between him and Ziltoid but in the end, I'll just vote against the obvious winner for mere challenge :P

What about y'all ?
#276389 by ctfod
Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:17 pm
I was gonna post Paul Masvidal out of my incredible Cynic fanboyism, but Greg's WE PRAISE SAYTAAAAAAAAAAN is just too intense.
#276409 by DevinJayLeibe
Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:05 pm
Greg's lines sometimes get stuck in my head and I have to listen to the whole song asap. But I had to vote for Joe because "argh asdfghha mmmmm awesome". Oderus Urungus would be 3rd for me because the monologue (would you call it?) is just epic and again sometimes gets in my head now and then :D
#276436 by mrbean667
Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm
Greg because TMM is my fav song, but Oderus and Mikael almost got my vote.

I agree that Dirk should count too. He's phenomenal.
#276503 by Drowd
Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 am
Obviously Dirk is awesome as fuck but I wouldn't count him as a guest since he's an almost integral part of the album just like Ryan.
#276512 by mymomlikesdogs
Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:59 am
Like everyone else, Greg, because his delivery just sends chills down my spine every time I listen to TMM. Plus, Dillinger is one of my favorite bands. :P

I also liked Ihsahn and Joe, they both added a great emotional intensity to their respective songs. Paul K. was hardly noticeable in Praise the Lowered, but his growls did add some nice weight to the 2nd half of the tune. Same goes for Mikael, only really used for background vocals, but his growls did add weight. As for Tommy, I like BTBAM and and his solo work, but I didn't really think his guest spot was anything too special. Btw, did he growl for all of his parts? or did he also sing along with Devin? Paul M. was nice. Floor was pretty good. Oderus had a pretty fun cameo and Fredrik has skills.

Dirk of course was insane on all of the tracks he played, I can't imagine doing any of his parts without breaking a hand.
#276638 by Jaglavak
Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:52 am
mymomlikesdogs wrote:Like everyone else, Greg, because his delivery just sends chills down my spine every time I listen to TMM. Plus, Dillinger is one of my favorite bands. :P

I also liked Ihsahn and Joe, they both added a great emotional intensity to their respective songs. Paul K. was hardly noticeable in Praise the Lowered, but his growls did add some nice weight to the 2nd half of the tune. Same goes for Mikael, only really used for background vocals, but his growls did add weight. As for Tommy, I like BTBAM and and his solo work, but I didn't really think his guest spot was anything too special. Btw, did he growl for all of his parts? or did he also sing along with Devin? Paul M. was nice. Floor was pretty good. Oderus had a pretty fun cameo and Fredrik has skills.

Dirk of course was insane on all of the tracks he played, I can't imagine doing any of his parts without breaking a hand.

I don't think he sings at all, anywhere (though I could be wrong)... you hear him growling pretty early on, backing Dev up on a couple of the earlier verses, but never singing.
#276639 by mymomlikesdogs
Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:06 am
Jaglavak wrote:I don't think he sings at all, anywhere (though I could be wrong)... you hear him growling pretty early on, backing Dev up on a couple of the earlier verses, but never singing.

I kind of think that he might have a brief melodic part, during the "Show ourselves the beauty of our ways
...Then maybe we would last" part. If you listen closely, you can kind of hear what kind of sounds like Tommy singing along with Devin. I'm not too sure. I don't have the best ears so I'm most likely wrong.
#276842 by sylkicks
Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:44 am
I too have to say Greg. As much as I was looking forward to Mikael and Joe, and both their contributions are awesome and pivotal, Greg's just fucking slams in that song. I'm off and on with DEP but my god he brought it on that song.
#276903 by swervedriver
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:23 am
DevinJayLeibe wrote:Greg's lines sometimes get stuck in my head and I have to listen to the whole song asap. But I had to vote for Joe because "argh asdfghha mmmmm awesome". Oderus Urungus would be 3rd for me because the monologue (would you call it?) is just epic and again sometimes gets in my head now and then :D

My thoughts exactly. Also voted for Joe.