Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#273939 by bassbait
Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 pm
I'm asking a serious question here, because I don't know CRAP about how to translate something into Morse code, but I was wondering what it comes out to be. The reason I wonder this is because that song is the ONLY part of the album that, in my opinion, sounds like Meshuggah, which Devin references in that song. The djent oriented riff does not seem at all typical of Devin, and it's basically one to two notes the whole time. Usually when I hear something that has that kind of rhythm and melody, I think "Morse Code", and since it's not a simple 4/4 based repeating pattern, it just really makes me wonder what it read out to be in Morse Code. I seriously can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help?
#274083 by No OnE
Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Here's the keeeeeyyy~~♪♩

I also know that a space between words is represented with a mid-length pause, and the end of a sentence is represented by a longer pause. Short pauses will separate letters.
#274521 by bassbait
Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm
_oppuld wrote:Interesting, I don't know, but on Deconstruction it sounds like Devin is saying "Morse code boys, I'm an artist", not "Bar's closed boys, I'm artist" as it appears on lyric websites.

Well, considering the "Hap-PENIS" line in "Deconstruction", I have a feeling wordplay is a big deal in his lyrics. I'm seriously really bad with Morse code, and reading the chart makes it more difficult because "mid-length pauses" don't really exist when there's a tempo, as the guitar riff follows a beat, which makes it harder to decipher.
#274612 by Matt08642
Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 pm
omg guys when I first heard that this might possibly sort of almost be morse code, I climbed to the top of a mountain at night and started to cry while listening to the intro over and over again. did I mention I was crying? I am crying listening to Ghost right now

/typical devin fan on these forums
#275127 by Lettuce
Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 am
PSYCHOSTICK!

But yeah, the more time you spend hurting your brain over a song, the less time you have enjoying it! Instead of trawling tinterwebs trying to decode a hidden message that was probably "just a cool sound", go like...make some origami or tend to a topiary and listen ot it at the same time.
#275495 by swervedriver
Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:04 am
Alpenglow wrote:Here it is

- . - - . - - - . - - - . - - - - . - - . - - - - . - - . - -

sooooo spell it out guys

YJJ1W1WW

I'm glad we cleared that up. :mrgreen: