Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#273918 by Negoba
Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm
Being from St. Louis, I couldn't make myself travel 4 hours to see Dev for 30 minutes during the tour with BTBaM, which is a band I like but not enough for that kind of travel commitment. He came back around headlining and I drove to Chicago and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Similarly, I'm not driving to see Children of Bodom.

So, are we going to get a US headlining tour for Decon / Ghost?
#274037 by Negoba
Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:09 am
St. Louis has an excellent venue called The Pageant which would be great for Devin. Medium sized club, but still pretty intimate. Slightly bigger than the place I saw him in Chicago. I saw Opeth there and it was great for metal.
#274060 by BrodieBruce
Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 am
Negoba wrote:St. Louis has an excellent venue called The Pageant which would be great for Devin. Medium sized club, but still pretty intimate. Slightly bigger than the place I saw him in Chicago. I saw Opeth there and it was great for metal.

I highly doubt Devin would get to play the Pageant (especially on a headlining tour), it's for "bigger" artists. I can see him playing Pop's.

Keep in mind, it would be awesome to see him play the pageant.
#274066 by Negoba
Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:24 pm
You may be right. Animals as Leaders did Pop's, and it certainly has the metal history. I've seen shows where they close the balcony at the Pageant and it's still a great atmosphere. But it's more important to me to get a good 90-120 minutes of teh Dev rather than quibble about the venue. I'll drive to Chicago again if I have to.
#274069 by KevShmev
Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:00 pm
Being from St. Louis, I am definitely in favor of Devin coming here! And I have several friends who I am slowly getting into him, and I'd have no problem "making" them go with me, so bring it on. :D
#274284 by devious_mischievous
Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:16 pm
Devin has already said on Twitter that there will be a US headlining tour in the fall. :)

BrodieBruce wrote:
Negoba wrote:St. Louis has an excellent venue called The Pageant which would be great for Devin. Medium sized club, but still pretty intimate. Slightly bigger than the place I saw him in Chicago. I saw Opeth there and it was great for metal.

I highly doubt Devin would get to play the Pageant (especially on a headlining tour), it's for "bigger" artists. I can see him playing Pop's.

Keep in mind, it would be awesome to see him play the pageant.

I also think he'd end up playing Pop's if he did a show in St. Louis, although the Pageant is a nice venue, I just don't see that happening.

I live closer to Kansas City, but I will travel to see Devin headline (and I don't really consider going to St. Louis traveling). :P I flew to Seattle to see him live in October. It was easily one of the best shows I've ever attended.
#274346 by Negoba
Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:14 am
Thanks for the info on the fall tour...I'll be looking forward to it. Juular is going to pillage!

I like the Pageant so much better than Pop's, but a guy like Dev is probably more likely to bring a crowd there. He's been to Louisville twice now, maybe we'll get a look.
#275772 by Matt08642
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:38 am
Can't wait to see some Canada dates!! I hope he comes back to London, ON!!