Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#275582 by Noodlesmasher
Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:This song and The Mighty Masturbator epitomize the album, so far as I am concerned.

Agree. These two tracks really epitomize what I love about Devin's heavy side.
#276523 by jburde
Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:51 am
DerTrommler wrote:My favorite part, hands down, is the screams after "Stand for what you truly believe in!" I think they may be Dev's most brutal, throat tearing screams. "Now, we all know the piece of mind that comes from the fight! Now, we stand tall forever and seek the one true light!" Cold chills, every time!

My thoughts EXACTLY! What I would give to see him play this and Planet of the Apes when he comes back to the US.
#277843 by Odysseas
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 am
Poltergeist is sooo Strapping... with the new Dev touch to it. It's an absolute killer song.
True, for us who remember with nostalgy the SYL days it's the most beautiful gift in the world.
A zillion thanks for this Devy ;-)
#277890 by mrbean667
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 pm
Dun dun dun AAH dun dun dun AAH dun dun dun AAH
#277931 by Helge-Uwe
Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:40 am
Odysseas wrote:Poltergeist is sooo Strapping... with the new Dev touch to it. It's an absolute killer song.
True, for us who remember with nostalgy the SYL days it's the most beautiful gift in the world.
A zillion thanks for this Devy ;-)

+1
#315956 by KeasbyNights
Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:41 am
I love this song so much. After repeated run-throughs of Decon as a whole, Poltergeist just grows on me more and more. Of all the amazing screams he's got going on, I'd have to stay my favorite is "Glory to the brave!!" And as of late, whenever I hear that, I imagine the lettering on the album artwork, but with Glory to the Brave written instead. So I've wanted to draw it up ever since. This is just the rough draft, but I want to make a big intricate colored drawing one day. (I suck at Typography, so be kind..)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc509/smalltownsburnalittleslower/IMG_0948_zps2f519d73.jpg

The borders make it hard to read, especially without colors, but as I said, this is just a draft.
#315987 by KeasbyNights
Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 pm
Hiddos wrote:I'm not good at this kind of stuff at all, but I had a little bit of free time on my hands and figured I'd mess about for a bit. Just coloured it in really.
http://oi50.tinypic.com/10p9j89.jpg

Yes Bookwyrm, it'll be in purple. And I like your coloring job! That's just the right shade of purple. I'm going to embellish it a little bit, but I'll photocopy it first and do a bunch of versions before I find what I like. Glad everybody likes it so far. Typography was never my strong suit.
#322612 by jordy666sic
Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:36 am
I'm so glad this threat exists, have been really pumped on this track for the last month. Before I didn't realised how amazing it was. Every part slays. Was extremely impressed by the long scream mentioned earlier @1:30. I'm not sure if it's real, it does have a clear beginning and end though. @1:42 you can hear him pushing his last bit of air out for a solid ending. Also I die every time I hear the "BE" from "YOU WILL NOT BE WELCOME" fall on the floor tom instead of a cymbal @2:21. These little things make songs for me.
#322619 by KeasbyNights
Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:51 am
^Aside from Shitstorm, this song is always gonna get my vote for his heaviest song. I love it so much. The message and the lesson learned and the riffs are all so crushing. It's beautiful in the most insanely brutal way possible.