Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#270785 by atrex
Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:57 pm
I wanted to thank Dev and the guys for this awsome show in Paris, Stand & Juular were big surprises and i loved it, thanks so much !

Ryan was perfect on the Juular fast beat (don't know if it's him or Dirk playing on the record :/ ) he nailed it.

See you soon guys ! <3
#270958 by Marijn
Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:51 pm
So cool!

It sucks that I am not in Groningen right now, but it is just too far away and expensive for me... :(
#270973 by The Dev
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 pm
Thanks!

Working the kinks out of new songs and figuring how to perform them usually takes months... the first couple of shots at it are pretty good. Vocals are a bit of a puzzle, but slowly coming... agreed about Ryan. He's put in a lot of work.
#270980 by chiller
Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:13 pm
I can't wait to hear these or any other Deconstruction songs in Atlanta soon.

Can the song "Deconstruction" even be played live? It seems a bit much but I'm sure everyone would go nuts over whatever you could pull off from it. I know I would.
#270986 by Purple Tentacle
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm
chiller wrote:I can't wait to hear these or any other Deconstruction songs in Atlanta soon.

Can the song "Deconstruction" even be played live? It seems a bit much but I'm sure everyone would go nuts over whatever you could pull off from it. I know I would.

It will have to be, for when Dev plays the entire album this fall for the live DVD.
#271052 by Sanne
Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:45 pm
The Dev wrote:Thanks!

Working the kinks out of new songs and figuring how to perform them usually takes months... the first couple of shots at it are pretty good. Vocals are a bit of a puzzle, but slowly coming... agreed about Ryan. He's put in a lot of work.

I was so happy to hear those songs live yesterday! We enjoyed them A LOT! But I think that was clear :D
#271610 by Slingshotjr
Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:20 pm
does anybody else find it a tad ironic that dev is using a Tele for the decon stuff (not his signature *decon* guitar) :P
#271698 by atrex
Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:08 am
Slingshotjr wrote:does anybody else find it a tad ironic that dev is using a Tele for the decon stuff (not his signature *decon* guitar) :P

I prefere 10x his new tele than the Vs :P But yea you're right that's weird, maybe he could give us an answer to that :p
#272140 by shredi knight
Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 pm
[youtube]oQuCOi4P07Q[/youtube]

Sounds awesome. I prefer it with Dev doing all the vocals.

Edit- Here's both songs together:

[youtube]6S-ZyfW3zDI[/youtube]
#272384 by metmass
Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:11 am
I can't watch the Stand live video right now but I watched it when it was first uploaded, and the one thing that I thought was missing was the looong STAAAAAAAND in the chorus. Now, can please someone tell me, was there a long choir/Akerfeldt track underneath Dev? Because I saw that he sang only what could be considered a short try at the thing (which I totally understand! it would be extremely hard to pull off).

So was there the whole long layered wall of "STAAAAAND"?
#274721 by bonekrap44
Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:04 pm
metmass wrote:I can't watch the Stand live video right now but I watched it when it was first uploaded, and the one thing that I thought was missing was the looong STAAAAAAAND in the chorus. Now, can please someone tell me, was there a long choir/Akerfeldt track underneath Dev? Because I saw that he sang only what could be considered a short try at the thing (which I totally understand! it would be extremely hard to pull off).

So was there the whole long layered wall of "STAAAAAND"?

When i saw him do it at the NorVa Brian and Dave (Guitar and Bass) helped out with the 1st scream and devin did the 2nd one. Don't want him to hurt his voice.
But he played Stand and Juular on his peavey flying V, not on his Tele.
#276053 by Xithyl
Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:10 am
This stuff is sounding great. Would love to see some Decon live, wish I was going to Bloodstock.
#276169 by Tang
Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:44 pm
Guys, has Sumeria been played live yet? I could've sworn I watched a video on youtube with them playing it, and Dev was joking about how to play the intro..

Maybe it was just a dream.. lol.