Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#271098 by AppleQueso
Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:16 pm
Octillus wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:
The Dev wrote:Dolls with big boobs.

I'm so tempted to link to something related to this but it might not be worksafe so I'll probably abstain from that.

Considering I do a lot of my moderatin' in between blogposts at work, I'd GREATLY appreciate that. I avoid the Funny Pics thread a lot of the time just because they're borderline most of the time (also, I am apparently the resident hard ass, I'd rather not have to be)

what if I were to put a NSFW warning first? Kidding.

I don't even actually have the link on-hand anyhow. It was basically a webpage full of these japanese dolls with the most grotesquely oversized boobs you could've ever imagined.
#271530 by Aniland
Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 am
The Dev wrote:I got the name Ho Krll from an interview with one of my favourite artists, Rapoon. I thought the description would fit with Ziltoid, but it didn't make the Ziltoid cut and ended up here.

I got the name Sumeria from my Lawyer Jeff Cohen, who own Sumerian records and is fascinated by the old scriptures 'Gilgamesh' etc...

I have no beliefs or ties with any conspiracy stuff, doesn't interest me in the slightest. Have always regarded it as a form of religion in a sense.

No disrespect if you're into that sort of thing, there's tons of stuff I'm sure I'm oblivious to. I just have no patience for it. The options for not believing in something above and beyond us is an infinite void that leaves us individually accountable, and I choose that. I'm probably naive, but I really like enjoying my time at the beach and by the lake and we all die one way or another anyways, so I don't care about it.

Ki was the name of a Kitaro record I loved as a kid, the name was an homage in a way.

just to be clear that theres no hidden agenda or anything.

Rapoon? The ambient artist? If that's who you mean, then whoa. :D
#271858 by bonekrap44
Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:02 pm
I still find it amazing that Dev wrote like all the songs before the basic idea of the albums. If Ho Krll was originally destined for Ziltoid then i need to listen to that song!
Also check out the post about the original Ki. It's cool because originally Ki was supposted to have the song "Addicted" on it. and some others.
#271979 by DevinJayLeibe
Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:13 am
So many times on this forum I'm left wishing there was a ''like'' button, it's happened quite a few times in this thread the last being the above post :3
#272017 by Fantomas
Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:59 am
bonekrap44 wrote:I still find it amazing that Dev wrote like all the songs before the basic idea of the albums. If Ho Krll was originally destined for Ziltoid then i need to listen to that song!

I think he was just saying that the name "Ho Krll" was intended for Ziltoid and never made it, not the actual song itself.

But, I mean, who really knows but Dev right?
#272102 by bonekrap44
Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:07 pm
Fantomas wrote:
bonekrap44 wrote:I still find it amazing that Dev wrote like all the songs before the basic idea of the albums. If Ho Krll was originally destined for Ziltoid then i need to listen to that song!

I think he was just saying that the name "Ho Krll" was intended for Ziltoid and never made it, not the actual song itself.

But, I mean, who really knows but Dev right?

Yep thats the mystery!
But i watched a video from around the time Ki was being released and it was Dev playing some stuff.
He played a few songs from Decon. So it shows that he didn't start DTP unprepared :D
#272133 by DevinJayLeibe
Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:51 pm
I have a question, so I saw people speculating Traestorz was the working title for Stand, others think it sploged into Masturbator- BUT in the CD booklet's Ensemble page, it's got ''Greg Puciato: Traestorz'' - at which point I totally looked at the track listing again- but it also lists Mikael for Stand and Morean for Masturbator. What is going on here? And who is ''Morean'' then?

This bit of the book is mighty confusing because it's not in track order AND it's missing (cite wiki:) Paul Masvidal for vocals on "Sumeria" (unless he didn't end up doing them?)
Wiki also lists:
Greg Puciato (The Dillinger Escape Plan) – vocals on "The Mighty Masturbator".

I'M CONFUSED :shock:
#272134 by barackobaka
Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:15 pm
Ho Krll is such an awesome song, love it!
I think it actually fits pretty well in its place on the original track listing too, kind of a shame it was cut actually.
#272142 by DevinJayLeibe
Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:24 pm
Is there no way to get ho krll/ radial highway other than through itunes? Says I have to buy the whole albums again, but itunes sucks and if I was going to do that I would from hevydevy.com...
#272153 by 2fat2furious
Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm
anyone else think that if dev was to still actually include a protools session in the boxset it should be ho krll? just so people could mess around with it since he said he never got to mix it the way he wanted it to sound?
#272281 by static2
Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:54 pm
^ not really — it's a safe bet that whenever the box sets would arrive, people would export all the layers and send them around as uncompressed files, specifically for that reason!

i'm a hog, though... i'd want all the PT sessions for every song :3 (that would make the boxset way huge though)
#272309 by bonekrap44
Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 pm
static2 wrote:^ not really — it's a safe bet that whenever the box sets would arrive, people would export all the layers and send them around as uncompressed files, specifically for that reason!

i'm a hog, though... i'd want all the PT sessions for every song :3 (that would make the boxset way huge though)

Yea i'd love to do al that. But im not very good with editing. Im still a beginer at audacity hahaha