Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#268536 by Sinkharmony
Tue May 24, 2011 7:29 pm
Aniland wrote:We're talking about that first "YEE-AH?" I'm skeptical.

I'll throw in another vote for Ihsahn. It sends a chill through my bones so it must be him.

We're going to need some closure here from Dev. Riddle me this!
#268618 by berserkur
Wed May 25, 2011 10:02 am
gojirasan52 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the vocal line at the very end of Sumeria is sung by Paul and Dev. It sounds more like Dev is almost whispering "Pray for where our hearts lead us now" instead of Joe Growling.

No, that is definately not Dev! And Kristoffa . You are wrong.
I'm amazed how fans do not recognize the painstaking details of the vocal chords of their Meister!

I'll eat my socks if I'm wrong. :|

That being said, in the Soilworkers song of the damned( last song on the album Natural born chaos by Soilwork) it sounds like Björn Strid is singing. :?
#268626 by Lolliklauer
Wed May 25, 2011 10:54 am
gojirasan52 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the vocal line at the very end of Sumeria is sung by Paul and Dev. It sounds more like Dev is almost whispering "Pray for where our hearts lead us now" instead of Joe Growling.

I think you're right, but the "growling" may be somehow electronically altered (which makes it hard to tell if it's Joe or Dev, but because of the digital effect i would guess it's Dev).
#268635 by the_s_rabbit
Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I think it's Paul's vocoder effects. I read some interview where he (Paul Masvidal) talks about playing around with the vocoder effects and sometimes uses it to replicate his voice one octave above and/or below, as well as to harmonize.
#268636 by gojirasan52
Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 pm
the_s_rabbit wrote:

I think it's Paul's vocoder effects. I read some interview where he (Paul Masvidal) talks about playing around with the vocoder effects and sometimes uses it to replicate his voice one octave above and/or below, as well as to harmonize.

That very well could be the case. He is well known for using the Vocoder, and I was surprised when I heard his vocals without it. Tbh I think I prefer his vocals without the effect saturation
#268678 by the_s_rabbit
Wed May 25, 2011 7:34 pm
gojirasan52 wrote:
the_s_rabbit wrote:

That very well could be the case. He is well known for using the Vocoder, and I was surprised when I heard his vocals without it. Tbh I think I prefer his vocals without the effect saturation

I can hear his voice replicated one octave higher throughout his entire vocal part. It's faint, but it's there.