Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#271642 by Lolliklauer
Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:20 am
The comparison is a bit lame, but imagine Leonardo da Vinci added a big, red clown nose to his "Mona Lisa".

Would that have made him a worse artist? I don't think so.
Would it have been a statement of true creative freedom and giving a shit about what people expect or are willing to pay for? I think so.
Would that have caused a controverse discussion? I think so.
Would the painting have the same amount of emotional impact to many people? I don't think so.
Would it have the same status of the most classic painting ever? I don't think so.

I know, it's a bad analogy, but i think you know what i mean?
#271648 by mrbean667
Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:00 am
Octillus wrote:Slaughterhouse-Five is one of the most revered novels of the 20th century, and Kurt Vonnegut REPLACEs a moment where he shits himself in his own novel.

Humor's part of life, get over it.

In his other novel, "Breakfast of Champions", he REPLACEs a diagram of his asshole.
And that, friends, is the mark of a good writer.
#271752 by steinvegardstavik
Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:45 am
Some of us think toilethumor is...well...not funny at all. Including me. Has nothing to do with lacking humor. There are different kinds of humor...not everyone thinks that farts, shit and other things that are ment to go down the toilet are fun. Anyways, the whole track has a good point. I interp. it as a "making fun of over-analyzing, nerdishness, and people who are into complicated music just for the sake of beeing complicated"" You know...those who think they are soooo sophisticated they can not listen to anything "simple"' "clicheey" or cheeeesy ( stupid word that means..nothing at all)"

Maybe thats not what Devin wanted to say. But I don't care. Thinking this gives the track a worthy place on the album from my point of view..

Damn iPad keyboard...me out of here!!!
#271799 by elvendio
Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:33 pm
Wasn't there supposed to be some download links made available today for the ppl who did the pre order package?

1) Drench
2) Mend
3) Fall
4) Watch You