Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#277069 by jburde
Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 pm
There's a couple of places on this album where Dev has a cadence that's hopped up on steroids or something. The part in Deconstruction(title track) where he does the loooong scream into "Clouds form over..." is probably the total climax of the album for me, how he gets that sound of ultimate realization is way beyond me. There's another part with a similar release at 7:48 in Stand. Is there a secret to this tension/release I don't know about? It's sounds like much more than just a V7 to a I chord :P
#278705 by Bookwyrm83
Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:41 am
sesameseedbun wrote:One thing I didn't quite get... In the title track, is the Devil the character played by Oderus, or that Devin's voice that says "Oh, glorious cheeseburger, we bow to thee"?

That was Devin. Oderus was the one who sang SHIT A BRICK and the preceding the verse (from NOW, on the border of the broken chasm).
#278959 by sesameseedbun
Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:23 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
sesameseedbun wrote:One thing I didn't quite get... In the title track, is the Devil the character played by Oderus, or that Devin's voice that says "Oh, glorious cheeseburger, we bow to thee"?

That was Devin. Oderus was the one who sang SHIT A BRICK and the preceding the verse (from NOW, on the border of the broken chasm).

I know who each other was. What I meant was, which one of them was supposed to be the Devil?
#279023 by Bookwyrm83
Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 pm
sesameseedbun wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:

I know who each other was. What I meant was, which one of them was supposed to be the Devil?

I think Oderus, but maybe they shared.
#279259 by Slingshotjr
Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:50 am
Bookwyrm83 wrote:
sesameseedbun wrote:
Bookwyrm83 wrote:

I think Oderus, but maybe they shared.

i thought the devil potion happend earlier on in the album (juular/stand)