Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#261360 by Medisinyl
Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:21 am
ppinkham wrote:lol Awesome!

Ok, we hijacked the hell out of this thread. Medisinyl, you should start a thread in "Devin Townsend" forum to put these in, and maybe other folks can put their photoshopped Dev stuff in it as well.

Indeed. New thread here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10110
#262698 by Lettuce
Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:31 pm
Print it off and laminate it so you can see it every time you come.

Hurrrdeehurrrr.
#262765 by Bookwyrm83
Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 am
Cum! CUM! WHAY AREN'T YOU CUMMING?
I mean.... would you like a kitten?

Yeah, bring on June.
#262828 by Leazti_
Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:02 pm
Lettuce wrote:Print it off and laminate it so you can see it every time you come.

Hurrrdeehurrrr.

Regular paper is not worthy of such magnificient lyrics. I shall fap quietly to these, until the actual booklet is in my hands.
#263391 by Voradin
Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:43 pm
Threads like this are why I come here (uh oh) as much as to get the occasional piece of useful information...
#264879 by sylkicks
Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 am
Someone said this in another thread, but man.... after reading the lyrics to Sumeria and hearing the song its so poetic. Love it.
#265364 by arkturus
Sun May 08, 2011 6:58 pm
ppinkham wrote:
Tortiss wrote:I don't wanna sound like a downer, but all this god talk is making me queezy...I'm not gunna lie, it'll probably make it harder for me to relate to the album.

God means many things to many people, so you can interpret it any way you want. I'm pretty sure Dev isn't even Christian.

Edited to add this. Watch the first few minutes and Dev goes into his spiritual explorations.

[youtube]1IB9OBYiiL8[/youtube]

Great vid. Are there more of these where he discusses album concepts?
#265791 by Lettuce
Mon May 09, 2011 7:23 pm
I gotta be honest here. Dev's lyrics arn't the most elegant. But they're incredibly genuine, not frilly poetic waffle.

First read of the Decon lyrics I thought "lolwot.", but after finally listening to it I don't think any other lyrics would have worked. The same with albums like Terria; it's a stunning record but the lyrics written down are a bit unconventional...they totally work though!

I don't think it helped that when I read the lyrics first time I just read them as if they were just being spoken :P
#265851 by Leechmaster
Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 am
I'm glad I didn't read the lyrics before listening. Couldn't possibly have predicted how some of them would fit into music at all. Still can't get my head around it in some places even with the music there. :P