Woah! Good lord, it's a cheeseburger!!!
#260712 by Malikarcanum
Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:28 pm
Well, probably won't be too long now, but I'm buying it anyway, so I won't feel bad. :D

Overall, it's gonna be kinda sad for me when these 2 records come out, as they're the first Devy records to come out since I became a fan (right after Addicted was released), & I've never been this excited about any other release by any band.

Oh well, at least we'll have Z2 soon after. :twisted:
#260724 by Bookwyrm83
Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:23 am
Aniland wrote:^Dev is doing an album to bridge the gap between these two and Z2, I believe he said. RedRice...

Ghost II (Dark Ghost). My cover prediction:

Speaking of which, I wanna see the Decon art! I'll bet it's gonna be awesome.
Last edited by Bookwyrm83 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#260738 by Jaglavak
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 am
Malikarcanum wrote:Well, probably won't be too long now, but I'm buying it anyway, so I won't feel bad. :D

Overall, it's gonna be kinda sad for me when these 2 records come out, as they're the first Devy records to come out since I became a fan (right after Addicted was released), & I've never been this excited about any other release by any band.

Oh well, at least we'll have Z2 soon after. :twisted:

Same here for me; right down to becoming a fan after Addicted came out. It will be kind of sad, in a way, because I've been anticipating Deconstruction and Ghost since January 2010... I was so ridiculously pumped up, too, when I found out Dev had finally gotten the ball rolling on recording them in August. When June finally comes around, my mind'll be blown, but... I won't have any musical masterpieces to look forward to, possibly for a long while. The only other time I was even close to being this excited over new music was when Porcupine Tree released The Incident in 2009... though, somehow, I don't think Decon and Ghost will be disappointments to me like that one was. No matter how sad I'll be for no longer being able to anticipate them... it'll all be made up for by being able to actually listen to them, I'm sure. :D

(IMO, The incident is pretty lackluster and jumbled - good album, but it's no where near the quality of In Absentia/Deadwing/Fear of a Blank Planet)

gs48 wrote:Decon cover.

I lol'd, haha.
#260742 by Lettuce
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:33 am
Don't worry sauage! Dev won't do anything except music and the occasional poo here or there. I don't think he'll make a good living doing the latter.

We got loads more stuff to look forward to yet! We just don't know what...
#260751 by catharsis
Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:18 am
pffft. I (and many here) have been anticipating these albums since about March of '09 when the 4 album project was first announced. and it was all originally supposed to come out that same year. how do you think we feel? cool that addicted seems to have gained him some new fans, though.
#260757 by ppinkham
Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:12 am
I heard 'Deconstruction' last night in it's entirety, and it is amazing!

I PM'd Dev last night with just some random, silly questions and he responded almost immediately. He said "You busy right now, bro? Have time for Skype?"

Well, duh! So I give Dev my Skype info, and we had an amazing conversation. He also sent me the Decon files, and so as I listened to them, Dev would explain to me track by track his thoughts on each song. What an incredible experience! And the album! OMG, the album is just...wow, I can't describe it.

Ok, big spoiler to follow...

YOU FOOLS!!! YOU APRIL FOOLS!!! MWUHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
#260782 by Kore
Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:15 am
Good one. I've been dishing out April Fools jokes on everyone and then I get home and forget all about what day it is!

You, good sir, caught me off guard. :lol:
#260829 by Malikarcanum
Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:10 pm
ppinkham wrote:I heard 'Deconstruction' last night in it's entirety, and it is amazing!

I PM'd Dev last night with just some random, silly questions and he responded almost immediately. He said "You busy right now, bro? Have time for Skype?"

Well, duh! So I give Dev my Skype info, and we had an amazing conversation. He also sent me the Decon files, and so as I listened to them, Dev would explain to me track by track his thoughts on each song. What an incredible experience! And the album! OMG, the album is just...wow, I can't describe it.

Ok, big spoiler to follow...

YOU FOOLS!!! YOU APRIL FOOLS!!! MWUHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

Better luck next time.
#260896 by charlie
Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 pm
Devin’s voice hardens, whispers: “Ready?”, and thick guitars appear, along with a hammering snare drum that gives the song a new intensity. Then come Mikael Akerfeldt’s (Opeth, Bloodbath) big death voice, deep choirs and an assortment of overlapping voices.

This made me wet.