Face your chaos, know who you are!
#238824 by Fadefury
Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:02 am
After almost one year of this cd being out I can summarize my experience with it as something I've never had with any other cd I own. I've listened to this album well into the hundreds and I know it inside and out. Still blows my mind away every time. It's so easy for me personally to relate to the meanings of the songs on this album. For me personally they all kinda let off a kind of frustration of existence in a broad sense, and it's exhaustion from waking up every day going to work and dealing with the same shit every day. Then you come to Quiet Riot feeling as tho everything has been resolved but Demon League comes around and you realize your still laying wide awake at night knowing there are still thinks that still haunt you and haven't been resolved. Personally and lyrically the album hit me 100x harder than Addicted ever has or for that matter ever will.

One question I have for everyone is how has the cd been holding up in your playlists? Does it still hold a strong spot in your weekly rotation or has it fallen and been forgotten? For me personally this is an album I rank up there with Pink Floyd's The Wall for how important it's been for me and I'm sure it will always be in my playlist.
#239169 by AstralTides
Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:24 pm
I just listened to it yesterday. Driving in my car, windows down, early afternoon sun glazing the hills with its nourishing rays and inviting warmth. This album seems to have a comfort to it like no other. Serious yet relaxed. Makes me feel as though im in the company of great wisdom that seems to say with one of those all-knowing smirks ' you worry too much, follow me a bit today and you will see' Still thoroughly enjoying KI
#239279 by mrbean667
Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:07 pm
It's still one of my favourite albums of all time.
#239469 by mrbean667
Sun May 02, 2010 8:44 pm
The best part is that it has a timeless quality to it, and you find new things in the songs every time.
#239651 by Fjar
Wed May 05, 2010 4:53 pm
mrbean667 wrote:The best part is that it has a timeless quality to it, and you find new things in the songs every time.

This, definitely. Every time I play it I'm drawn to a different song. There's a couple which I stillll haven't really got on with, though.
#240666 by Knotrice
Thu May 27, 2010 7:37 am
I've gone through really liking a bunch of songs from it at once; first I liked Disruptr, Gato, and Trainfire, then Lady Helen, Gato, and Heaven Send, then I randomly began enjoying Synchronicity Freaks, Heaven Send, Ki, and Winter, and now I regularly enjoy a good dose of Ki through Demon League, plus Heaven Send and Synchronicity Freaks.
I really like title track though. The arpeggio part with the "here's a little riddle 'bout a when I was a little toddle" lyrics is just incredible.
#240679 by GuyOne
Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
I love Ki. It is perfect for me in the morning when I put on my morning coffee and play this album. Totally reminds me of this time last year. 8)

On my Last.FM Devin Townsend Project has jumped right up to the top of my play list in only a year's time. Over 600 plays in 13 months between two albums. I think that sums up right there how Ki and Addicted have shaped up.

As for the music in detail: I was blown away when I first heard the album... still am. It is absolutely like nothing else Devin has done before and it really does stand out a something unique and special. Not just for Hevy Devy but throughout a lot of the music I have heard. It is compared to nothing else.
#240683 by GuyOne
Thu May 27, 2010 10:53 am
Fadefury wrote:I'd rather not get ahead of myself when saying that I really think it will be nearly impossible for Devin to put out anything that will top Ki for me but boy its just really hard to imagine.

I feel the same when the release of each new album comes. But eventually (after Synchestra) I realized that Devin cannot top himself in my eyes. He had already reached a level of such high quality music with Ocean Machine that everything else is just exploring that quality and can never really out do the last because of just how damn good it is.

For example I hold Ki and Addicted very high and think both are outstanding. But both are also extremely different when held to each other. They cannot be compared but the quality of the music is easily at the same level.
#241021 by the death of music
Mon May 31, 2010 7:24 pm
i dont think there's been a day where i havent listened to at least 1 song from this awesome album since its release.

Terminal seems to fit any mood im in. its pretty well perfect i reckon. definitely hoping for some more 'terminals' on Ghost.
#241022 by Madd.Qc
Mon May 31, 2010 7:33 pm
the death of music wrote:Terminal seems to fit any mood im in.

Yeah, it's the same thing for me. Always listenning this one after working!