Face your chaos, know who you are!
#238778 by pacman
Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:43 am
I got myself some different copy's of Ki and saw something "strange" when I compared them.

the left one is the Japan promo version and the right one is the back of the sleeve on the EU Insideout version.

I even checked if the booklet in the Japan version was turned around but it's not. so..... now I am wondering what one is correct.

#238781 by swervedriver
Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:18 am
I'd say the one on the right is the upside down version. Looks like the label info was printed upside down, since the background is also flipped... or the label info was printed on an upside down cover (whichever explanation you prefer). Perhaps you've got a rare misprint, or perhaps Japan fucked up entirely. :)
#238784 by pacman
Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:37 am
it seems like the EU version has a misprint.

I checked some dt backgrounds I had aswel as the hevydevy page and they both have it like it's on the Japan version.
#238799 by Tyroshai
Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 pm

My copy's cockeyed too then :D
I wonder if this is just a European thing.
Last edited by Tyroshai on Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#238801 by swervedriver
Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:37 pm
Or I was wrong and *that* is the correct version, meaning the one on the Japanese booklet is flipped. The Japanese read from left to right and top to bottom, maybe they REPLACE their booklets in the wrong way too. :P
#238806 by Tyroshai
Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:48 pm
Quite possibly right, but surely that wouldn't affect the reading of a kanji symbol as it's always originally been used/displayed by the Japanese in the same way. Otherwise it can't be read for its intended purpose. I'm not sure.

The only decent source I've seen online is this: http://learnakanji.blogspot.com/2008/03 ... ed-ki.html

Although there are several different kanji for that particular word, it being shown upside down is a bit strange. Most probably just a printing error on the European covers. Who's got an American copy? Let's have a look :P
#238843 by mrbean667
Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:49 pm
It's defs a misprint on the Eurpopean version. Mine's the same.
#238913 by djskrimp
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:45 am
The one on the left looks corect, the one on the right doesn't look like any kanji I've ever seen.
#242668 by antikythera
Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:11 am
The one on the left is correct... kind of. It WAS the kanji for Ki... until 1946. Along with other kanji of Chinese origin, the Japanese Ministry of Education officially changed it. Now it's officially this:

Obviously no big deal but interesting.