Face your chaos, know who you are!
#206444 by daneulephus
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:41 pm
The Dev wrote:Dude, there will be more music than ever! ...what type is being decided.

Hang tight!

Are you thinking you might not want to follow through with the rest of the DTP plans? This is indeed spooky....but I understand. Right now my mood is the complete opposite from you. I feel the need to crank out the most wicked chaotic metal ever...and I am...but, I have this concept to be faithful to and finish. Sometimes life on life's terms really fucks me....alot of bad shit happening at once, and as a result...HEAVY music is coming out that isn't in my original scheme of things.

In any case, I am just glad to hear from you, and know you are still taking care of yourself. Fuck everyone else...if there is one thing I have learned over the years of following what you do, it is to "expect the unexpected"...and I LOVE that.

Dan
#206445 by islandsinthesky
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:50 pm
The Dev wrote:I know it's a little weird to hear about the proccess as it comes, I'm a pretty impulsive cat...just for your entertainment I guess :)

It'll be honest!

d

No, that's perfect. Be radical and change suddenly. It makes you more human than most musicians.

Hell, it makes you more human than most humans, who stick to one equation their whole life because they're afraid of hypocrisy.

You win. Seriously. This is why I listen to your music.
#206451 by NipponKogaku
Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 pm
islandsinthesky wrote:
No, that's perfect. Be radical and change suddenly. It makes you more human than most musicians.

Hell, it makes you more human than most humans, who stick to one equation their whole life because they're afraid of hypocrisy.

You win. Seriously. This is why I listen to your music.

Exactly. Do whatever you feel like and we'll be here listening. Your honesty in music is the reason why Ki has clicked the way it has with me. It changed things you know? it really did.
#206456 by The Dev
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:11 am
Life and love are more important than music.

Sometimes the bravest thing to do for me is to do the thing bubbling underneath that you never thought was an option.

I thought brave was being the biggest and the best.

Maybe being brave in some cases is to allow yourself to enjoy your art without feeling the need to punish yourself over it.

I'm writing my 'masterpiece' (gag) 'it's a musical. It may take years...it was going to be deconstruction.

Right now, it's summer, I want to enjoy life a bit. Beautiful music has suprised me. Life is hard, things get bad, and the irony is I am hearing beautiful things for once.

You will hear Addicted soon...in a different way than expected. I'm still feeling Ki, in fact, I feel the quiet parts more than the heavy.

I'll be playing shows soon...lots to do, not now though. Now I'm watching the office. My goals immediatly are to work less.
There's time for it all...I do better when I have some fun.

d
#206457 by pastadude
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 am
The Dev wrote:You will hear Addicted soon...in a different way than expected.

Vinyl only release?

Regardless, I'm excited for whatever it to come next, enjoy life while you still have it. It's not worth living life, if you're not living life.
#206458 by Deathcom7000
Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:50 am
I'm confident that whatever you do, I will be entertained be it heavy or not. Ki has gradually become my favorite album of yours, so you still have it man, and you have a fanbase that will always be loyal to you now :D
#206461 by Van Pole
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:03 am
You already finished Addicted ? Take your time, Devin... The last thing we want is you being exhausted, again... like it was some time ago.

A workaholic, colloquially, is a person who is "Addicted" to work.
Last edited by Van Pole on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
#206462 by The Dev
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:09 am
A workaholic, colloquially, is a person who is "Addicted" to work.

It's funny, I learn more about myself by doing these records than I ever would have imagined.

I guess I know more about myself than I know.

d
#206463 by Van Pole
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:25 am
"Hello me... meet the real me" - Dave Mustaine.

You've been living your life pretty fast, I guess and now it's time for some reflections.

Love and life is really recomended for you, then.

The Dev wrote:I guess I know more about myself than I know.d

You know something, that you don't ?
Last edited by Van Pole on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
#206464 by JuZ
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 am
The Dev wrote:Life and love are more important than music.

Sometimes the bravest thing to do for me is to do the thing bubbling underneath that you never thought was an option.

I thought brave was being the biggest and the best.

Maybe being brave in some cases is to allow yourself to enjoy your art without feeling the need to punish yourself over it.

I'm writing my 'masterpiece' (gag) 'it's a musical. It may take years...it was going to be deconstruction.

Right now, it's summer, I want to enjoy life a bit. Beautiful music has suprised me. Life is hard, things get bad, and the irony is I am hearing beautiful things for once.

You will hear Addicted soon...in a different way than expected. I'm still feeling Ki, in fact, I feel the quiet parts more than the heavy.

I'll be playing shows soon...lots to do, not now though. Now I'm watching the office. My goals immediatly are to work less.
There's time for it all...I do better when I have some fun.

d

I've always reckoned that one of the bravest things anyone can do is try to be themselves. It means you really have to face your demons, admit your weaknesses to yourself and others, and drop so much of the bullshit we all carry. I'm a long fucking way off getting there myself, but I'm workin' on it.

Hope the journey is a good one, Devin. Looking forward to whatever you put out and I hope you enjoy the beauty.

PS Fuck work. :lol: My first day back after 8 weeks off and I genuinely like the people I work with, they're great. But work can really suck balls. If you find the perfect balance, please let me know!
#206473 by mattyryan86
Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 am
understand alot of things that you have just mentioned, you gotta take a break for yourself and your family. i mean youve come from a 2 year break to suddenly announcing ur gonna be releasing 4 albums in one year. awesome for us fans but prob a little too much stress for you.

gotta say we loved just you realeasing Ki, not only was it some news of a new album but something new for us and you that we all looked forward to. and now we love it.

Addicted, well wat can i say me personally and just my 2 cents from what ive heard sounds awesome the best thing that ive heard in ages from what ive heard from the clips you been putting up, and i been anticipating its release date. i know you prob dont care and already making your mind up, but if its done like youve said why not still release it and let us fans enjoy it, and let deconstruction take the time you need it coz it sounds full on from what youve told us.

but hey its just my 2 cents.
#206499 by GuyOne
Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:25 am
i wonder what all this new mystery is all about. I am getting nervous about Addicted. Those samples on YouTube sounded great already... Has there been a drastic change?

Regarding Decon. If this musical turns out to be a couple of years work will it still be Decon? Or has the written album changed so drastically that it is a sort of "side project" from DTP and Decon and 4th are still in their original forms?

Also Devin has mentioned that when he writes "progressive music" he gets so caught up that it becomes a mess. Has he finally it the nail on the head with this musical?
#206517 by Wander
Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:22 am
Interesting stuff.

I'm still hoping you will release something this year, but I'm fine if things get a bit longer. And whatever the direction comes next, I'll check it out. I have found out that I know a lot less about what kind of music I like than I thought, so... I don't know, I guess my taste is just developing all the time and quite rapidly actually.

And to be honest, I like all the "quiet parts" of Ki the best. I still enjoy metal, I just don't enjoy listening to five metal albums in a row anymore like I used to.
#206520 by mushroom
Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:41 am
The Dev wrote:To do metal the way people want, I need to do drugs...I won't do drugs though. Sorry.

Come on man, don't be sorry 'bout it, we know syl has gone, if i had the chance to see you live i even pay to see you make noises punching a cheese and i think to this point many people think as me, would be cool to hear some of Decon live but if you don't want to play it live we respect it