Face your chaos, know who you are!
#206530 by jokulhlaupsi
Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:31 am
pastadude wrote:
The Dev wrote:You will hear Addicted soon...in a different way than expected.

Vinyl only release?

Perhaps it will be released as mp3's with cover-art pdf's?
#206533 by The Dev
Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:47 am
It'll definitely come out...and soon (it's finished) maybe just a couple of months for me to make it perfect etc...

Sorry to freak you out if I have.

d
#206536 by swervedriver
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:02 am
The Dev wrote:make it perfect

:D

Seriously though, releasing 2 great albums within the span of one year (or even less time) is a feat most artists will never pull off. I also find it very interesting to read about the whole thought process behind these albums. In many interviews you've said that this package of 4 albums is needed as explaining/reinventing/purging yourself, but from these last few posts I see a few cracks in that idea. Perhaps it's taking a much larger toll on you than you've expected, so yeah... I guess you're taking a (small) step back and considering where to go from Addicted onwards (or perhaps already where to go from here)...

Maybe a weird question, but are you.. afraid (for lack of a better word) to do Deconstruction?
#206540 by GuyOne
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:15 am
but remember, between albums bands tour, take a couple months break, regroup, write, practice then record new material.

Devin spent a couple of years finding himself and in the process maaged to write all this material. He "knows" the sound he is going for and isn't touring so he can skip the touring, writing and practicing parts and just concentrate on the resting and recording. :)
#206541 by Leechmaster
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:28 am
I love it when the whole plan for everything gets completely fecked out the window! Keeps us guessing. Take your time, boyo. You only put out an album two months ago, so you shouldn't be piling on the pressure.

Also must post that my InsideOut Ki arrived and the slipcase and lyrics sheet thing are both some srsly savage cabbage. Certainly well worth the mula!
#206550 by Keeker
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:39 am
daneulephus wrote:
The Dev wrote:Sorry to freak you out if I have.

d

Almost man....almost..... :mrgreen: :D 8)

Och, I think he secretly loves doing that to you. :P
#206565 by Jormungandr
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 pm
The Dev wrote:Dude, there will be more music than ever! ...what type is being decided.

Hang tight!

Good to know! I would be satisfied if Ki was the last album you did for another couple of years, but just the prospect of more coming is exciting as hell. Like everyone else has said, I don't care what type it is. I'm digging the mellow right now anyhoo.
#206566 by soundsofentropy
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:54 pm
The Dev wrote:It'll definitely come out...and soon (it's finished) maybe just a couple of months for me to make it perfect etc...

Sorry to freak you out if I have.

d

I'm thrilled for Addicted, as the little bit I've heard sounds very cool!

But a lot of buzzing and flitting about--I can sympathize with the impulsive. So, Deconstruction, if it's still so named, is now a musical? In what sense (should I ask)? Is it an Andrew Lloyd Weber tribute (Antichrist, Superstar?), or something along the lines of Ziltoid? Maybe it's essentially still the same, musically, with conceptual divergence (?). Perhaps you don't know yet--in any case, I'm sorry for prying, but I'm curious. Can't help that.

I don't like saying that I'm one of the people that is dying only to hear more metal from you, as I'm not a die hard Strapping fan. I heard the solo stuff first and favor it very heavily, even if I still like SYL. The point is that Deconstruction was, purportedly, to be your magnum opus, a defining work that satiated that need for the heavy, chaotic, and complicated, while kept itself honest, focused, and beautiful. I love diversity. I love intensity. That's precisely why I had (and in a sense, still do) so look forward to this album. Time will tell.
#206573 by islandsinthesky
Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:48 pm
Wait a bit. This chaffing needs to heal first.
#206583 by buck buttwater
Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:21 pm
i read on Dev's twitter that he has a new web site going up,said he was gonna sell some gear on it?Is this the right thread to ask that?