Face your chaos, know who you are!
#206399 by Ravonite
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:27 pm
Abydost wrote:I'm 100% sure that what he's talking about is people asking nonstop about SYL, but then again I'm only speculating so we need further elaboration from the man himself.

If thats true it's something I could deal with, I do love Strapping and I never seen them live (unless you count the best of and fr those aboot) but I love Devins solo material WAY more. More complex and diverse. Strappings great though but I don't think it should constantly be requested if he's gonna make stuff just as heavy or just different. Nothings wrong with different. I would love to see Devin live at somepoint. Not sure he'd come to Scotland solo but, meh if it happens :guitar:
#206406 by wasabi_time
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:49 pm
To me, anything Devin does is awesome, metal or not. I love it all. All of these people clamoring for more SYL need to stop thinking about themselves and realize Devin has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more to offer than metal.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
#206407 by starchildesp
Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:51 pm
The Dev wrote:Hey all, I've had a really really really (really) intense couple of weeks...making some big decisions in my world over the next month.

I listened to Ki alot.

I will have it all figured and planned within the month.

Life is too short to be an obsessive workaholic.

I want to enjoy life and play music that people love, I want to play live, but not metal.

To do metal the way people want, I need to do drugs...I won't do drugs though. Sorry.

I have, however found a style that suits me and I will be pursuing it.

I've been playing lots of guitar, and it is quiet and clean. Is it 'brilliant'...I don't think so, but people like it when I play it.

The end of Ki almost implies 'whats going to happen next?' and actually...the answer has surprised me...it's different than I expected.

Again, I need three weeks to figure it out...I'll be with you soon...I'm not good at expressing myself during times of emotional upheaval.

I'm going to sell a telecaster with 81s in it...qulited maple with an infinity on the 12th fret and my name on the headstock. It's got some scars, as it toured for quite some time. Built for me with affection from the Japanese branch in 97, during Infinity...I'm changing and clearing my past away a bit at a time, (gear wise)

Writing lots of words.

Pics soon...website is ready, and waiting for me to write an intro page, and it's taking me forever...going to try to do it today.

Dev

Devin, i love your quite and clean style.
Last edited by starchildesp on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#206411 by cjb
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:32 pm
am I the only one whose spidey sense is tingling here about the rest of the DTP?
kinda getting the impression that what is coming next is not what we thought would be coming next......

that being said, I love Ki and wouldn't be unhappy in the slightest if the future of Devins music was "quiet and clean" :)
#206412 by stratman687
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Ki does indeed seem to be a good listen to during emotional times. I'm liking this new music by devin very much...My introverted nature seems to like it much more than some of his angrier stuff.
#206414 by starchildesp
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:48 pm
cjb wrote:am I the only one whose spidey sense is tingling here about the rest of the DTP?
kinda getting the impression that what is coming next is not what we thought would be coming next......

agreed, im feeling the same way, wondering if hes still in for deconstruction...
#206415 by Ravonite
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:49 pm
cjb wrote:am I the only one whose spidey sense is tingling here about the rest of the DTP?

that being said, I love Ki and wouldn't be unhappy in the slightest if the future of Devins music was "quiet and clean" :)

I've been in contact with Venom so no. :oops: But I think it's a hint towards the 4th opus of the project. We've seen samples of both Addicted and Deconstruction (although they're down now) but they're very heavy. Most likely the last time of Devys Hevyness. I'm keen to hear what the new age ambient 4th album would be like though. But thats not even going to start happening 'till deconstruction is out.
#206418 by cjb
Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:08 pm
dont get me wrong, if not pissy about it in the least........dev can release whatever he pleases.....
#206427 by soundsofentropy
Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:59 pm
The Dev wrote:Hey all, I've had a really really really (really) intense couple of weeks...making some big decisions in my world over the next month.

I listened to Ki alot.

I will have it all figured and planned within the month.

Life is too short to be an obsessive workaholic.

I want to enjoy life and play music that people love, I want to play live, but not metal.

To do metal the way people want, I need to do drugs...I won't do drugs though. Sorry.

I have, however found a style that suits me and I will be pursuing it.

I've been playing lots of guitar, and it is quiet and clean. Is it 'brilliant'...I don't think so, but people like it when I play it.

The end of Ki almost implies 'whats going to happen next?' and actually...the answer has surprised me...it's different than I expected.

Again, I need three weeks to figure it out...I'll be with you soon...I'm not good at expressing myself during times of emotional upheaval.

I'm going to sell a telecaster with 81s in it...qulited maple with an infinity on the 12th fret and my name on the headstock. It's got some scars, as it toured for quite some time. Built for me with affection from the Japanese branch in 97, during Infinity...I'm changing and clearing my past away a bit at a time, (gear wise)

Writing lots of words.

Pics soon...website is ready, and waiting for me to write an intro page, and it's taking me forever...going to try to do it today.

Dev

The good: I'd love to buy that tele if I could muster up the cash.

The bad: I really hope that this doesn't mean that Addicted and Deconstruction are scratched. Those two albums are probably those which I've anticipated most in my life. But, this is all irrelevant. Dev should release what he feels most appropriate--I'm just surprised that all those plans that had been so thoroughly and emphatically stated and restated are now possibly nixed.
#206435 by Jormungandr
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:27 pm
Hmmm, not sure what to make of Dev's latest post. Sounds kind of spooky to me. If I'm honest, I couldn't give less of a shit if he ever did heavy music again. I love all his heavy shit to death, but any music from Dev is fucking great. That post sounded scary in terms of whether or not there will even be future music at all. God I hope I'm just being paranoid.
#206438 by hakmed
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:42 pm
hey dev take it 1 day at a time.. I have a big day of shit ahead of me poo..
#206439 by The Dev
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:52 pm
Dude, there will be more music than ever! ...what type is being decided.

Hang tight!
#206440 by Ageia
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:21 pm
is this an implication that you're ditching the DTP four album plans or is it still up for debate?
#206441 by islandsinthesky
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:24 pm
Man, fuck any "type" of music, dude.

Don't think you have to organize or censor any part of yourself.

What's inside you will come out. Then I'll listen to it. End of story.
#206442 by The Dev
Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:35 pm
Well, certain types of music don't interest me right now...the proccess of elimination has seemed to take longer than expected.

Sitting on Addicted for a while...it's done, but I'm not wanting to 'be' Addicted right now...

Deconstruction is turning into a year long musical...maybe 2.

I may do record 4 while sitting on those two...

I know it's a little weird to hear about the proccess as it comes, I'm a pretty impulsive cat...just for your entertainment I guess :)

It'll be honest!

d