Face your chaos, know who you are!
#182522 by Marijn
Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:56 am
For a moment, I thought I was dreaming! But this is reality! Devin Townsend is going to be the master of 2009! He owns this year! And the years thereafter! He owns the universe!
#182547 by AlucardXIX
Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:54 pm
The Dev wrote:All this year...universe willing.

Close to making my shit day better. Definitely the best news I've heard all day though.
#182550 by Fnargl
Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:16 pm
A while ago there was something said about a Ki EP and full length. Has this changed, or is one of the other 3 albums the "Ki EP"? Maybe I read it wrong.

Either way, The Dev never ceases to amaze. I'm going to start saving now.
#182551 by chip8088
Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:11 pm
AlucardXIX wrote:
The Dev wrote:All this year...universe willing.

Close to making my shit day better. Definitely the best news I've heard all day though.

I second that. today sucked, and the only things that have made it better have been listening to Deadhead (and other DTB songs) and this amazing news. Deconstruction sounds like a dream come true Dev!
#182561 by Eyesore
Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:46 am
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:
Drums: (there's more than one drummer)

yeah, 4 records.

An Appetizer, 2 meals and a desert.

Ki is the appetizer...heavy chill. I start the next one the day after...then the next will be the symphony, then an ambient album.

mmmm...

Tentatively, Ki is the mellow-ish intro to the story (a very pointed theme though, it's unnerving)
Addicted is the next one, heavy, fun and dance-y ...I like good choruses and dancing.
Deconstruction is a treat for the syl and ziltoid fans...(and then some...damn...it's fucking nuts.)
The ambient album, (sand theme) will close it off.

All under dtp

Ki is pretty much done. Going away to do addicted...(Nepal?) Deconstruction is done, just needs the orchestra. Ambient will be a collection of improv.

Then I'm going on vacation.

No rest for the wikked.

d

Oi! Fucker. I just creamed my pants.
#182579 by Biert
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:46 am
Fnargl wrote:A while ago there was something said about a Ki EP and full length. Has this changed, or is one of the other 3 albums the "Ki EP"? Maybe I read it wrong.

The EP would be called "Deconstruction of a Cheeseburger". Or "Deconstruction", I guess.