Face your chaos, know who you are!
#182310 by Fnargl
Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 pm
Do you program drums using a mouse or an electric kit? Going by some of the blasts in Ziltoid, I'm assuming it's done with the mouse.

Ever tried BFD?
#182324 by sj_2150
Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:20 pm
Thank you Dev. That was a more than satisfying answer :)
#182334 by Tim
Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:23 pm
The Dev wrote:Drums: (there's more than one drummer)

???
#182360 by The Oid
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:25 am
EzDrummer is pretty good for someone on my level, not really a serious musician, but still looking to get a better sound than the shitty drumkit sound fonts that came with my old soundcard.

My only real fault with it, is that it sounds shit when you try to make comedy fast blast beats with it. (You can hear it randomly oscillating between drum samples in a very distracting way, and it doesn't sound as good if you switch off the random velocity thing. Plus there doesn't seem to be a way to switch it on and off part way through a song).

I'd imagine that's probably quite a difficult problem to solve though.
#182430 by The Dev
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:12 pm
The Dev wrote:
Drums: (there's more than one drummer)

yeah, 4 records.

An Appetizer, 2 meals and a desert.

Ki is the appetizer...heavy chill. I start the next one the day after...then the next will be the symphony, then an ambient album.

mmmm...

Tentatively, Ki is the mellow-ish intro to the story (a very pointed theme though, it's unnerving)
Addicted is the next one, heavy, fun and dance-y ...I like good choruses and dancing.
Deconstruction is a treat for the syl and ziltoid fans...(and then some...damn...it's fucking nuts.)
The ambient album, (sand theme) will close it off.

All under dtp

Ki is pretty much done. Going away to do addicted...(Nepal?) Deconstruction is done, just needs the orchestra. Ambient will be a collection of improv.

Then I'm going on vacation.

No rest for the wikked.

d
#182432 by jleclaire
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:19 pm
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:

yeah, 4 records.

Ki is the appetizer...heavy chill. I start the next one the day after...then the next will be the symphony, then an ambient album.

mmmm...

Tentatively, Ki is the mellow-ish intro to the story (a very pointed theme though, it's unnerving)
Addicted is the next one, heavy, fun and dance-y ...I like good choruses and dancing.
Deconstruction is a treat for the syl and ziltoid fans...(and then some...damn...it's fucking nuts.)

All under dtp

Ki is pretty much done. Going away to do addicted...(Nepal?) Deconstruction is done, just needs the orchestra. Ambient will be a collection of improv.

No rest for the wikked.

d

Wow! Sounds great! Can't wait for this stuff man. Is the ambient album going to be at all like The Hummer? I still listen to that every day, love it. Thanks for the update!
#182433 by MeOpsis
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:28 pm
I am actually going to buy them all. I haven't purchased a CD in years...I'm sure it will all be amazing-Its extremely encouraging that someone like you- while pursuing their musical dream -still takes time out to talks to fans.
#182439 by AlucardXIX
Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 pm
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:

yeah, 4 records.

mmmm...

All under dtp

No rest for the wikked.

d

Any idea on when we will be getting a sample of this? I cannot wait for Deconstruction now...
#182444 by MeOpsis
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:19 pm
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:
Going away to do addicted...(Nepal?)

I met a man from Nepal in a state run mental institution. We watched Batman and he pointed out this unusual village that ran cross a very steep mountainside saying, " Nepal! That Nepal-My home!!" Anyways it seems like that would be quite an inspiring place to work.
#182445 by soundsofentropy
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:20 pm
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:

yeah, 4 records.

mmmm...

All under dtp

No rest for the wikked.

d

That was delicious. :D
#182447 by Lawrence
Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:40 pm
Will they all be released at the same time? By the way i think its fucking epic that you already have 4 albums planned out :D I thought 2 was alot! looking forward to all of them, i like the sound of the ambient one.

Law
#182448 by Tim
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:11 pm
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:

yeah, 4 records...
d

Cool, thanks for clarifying. When you said more than one drummer, I thought you meant it for 'Ki' specifically, rather than all dtp projects. Who have you got in mind for the others? :?:

MeOpsis wrote:
The Dev wrote:
The Dev wrote:
Going away to do addicted...(Nepal?)

I met a man from Nepal in a state run mental institution. We watched Batman and he pointed out this unusual village that ran cross a very steep mountainside saying, " Nepal! That Nepal-My home!!" Anyways it seems like that would be quite an inspiring place to work.

That's funny, cause I was watching 'Batman Begins' last night, and the Nepal stuff was actually shot in Iceland. Kudos to Nolan and his people, I guess. :)
#182450 by IronMaiden736
Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:38 pm
Any idea on when / how we can buy it? I'm guessing it's going to be a HevyDevy release. No need for a specific date, just like a rough estimate. I'm really really excited.
#182455 by BrunoN
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:16 am
The Dev wrote:Then I'm going on vacation.

No rest for the wikked.

d

Any chance of live shows? I guess we shouldn't expect World Domination Tour, but maybe some small shows for someone to record on smelly cellphone and put on youtube (I don't dare to dream about live DVD)?