Face your chaos, know who you are!
#181382 by kekle3
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 pm
Hey Devin Godsend..

Since im longing so much for the new album, and reading that you seemingly "blew off" Gene some other day I thought to myself "Will there be drums?"

Being a drummer myself, I was kinda dissapointed with the "fake" drums on Ziltoid.. A great album and nice drums, but they lacked a soul you know :P

So!; will it be a drumless album, a "fake" drumkit or do you get some pals to do the drums for you?

...oh, Happy new year! May it be just like all the others just better!...

-Ken
#181386 by kekle3
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:44 pm
Thx chief ;)

I can never find out those search thingies anyways.. never find anything relevant...

So.. A jazz musician? That's gotta be interesting..
#181388 by Biert
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 pm
Maybe we should make a wiki-kinda-page of Ki (wi-Ki) where all the information we have so far is gathered and updated. That way it's much easier to find the information than having to delve through 3 or 4 big-ass threads.

Like so: http://www.hevydevyforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=95824#p95824
#181401 by The Dev
Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:44 pm
I absolutely didn't mean to blow off Gene. I feel horrible.

Namm was in the process of kicking my ass and I wasn't as 'present' as I should have been.
#181403 by AccEvolution
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:03 pm
I'm expecting some SICK drumwork on this album, Dev. I cannot wait to hear what you sound like with Duris backing you on drums.
#181404 by Purple Phoenix
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 pm
Aw, don't feel bad, Dev. I'm sure you were under a ton of stress, and we all have days like that. It's nice to know that someone I admire and respect so much is still human... Okay, I will stop sucking up now.
#181405 by Lawrence
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:08 pm
The Dev wrote:I absolutely didn't mean to blow off Gene. I feel horrible.

Namm was in the process of kicking my ass and I wasn't as 'present' as I should have been.

Dev hes your friend, i wouldnt worry about it.

Heres an idea, invite him over for a jam session or so! haha
#181411 by PoopTart
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Give him a call man, I'm sure he'll understand. I'm sure he might have been under some stress also.
#181415 by Lettuce
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 pm
Just let Gene know how you feel, if you leave things they kinda broil up and people start feeling bad thoughts about things that were never there. It's happened to me way too many times, and I've lost good friends before because of a lack of communication. I'm sure he understands!
#181417 by Roddy
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:49 pm
Duris Maxwell. Have checked him out. He can groove and jazz like a champion, but can he slam it down HARD like what we expect on a Devy album? I await to hear it. With baited breathe is an understatement....
#181421 by Purple Tentacle
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Roddy wrote:Duris Maxwell. Have checked him out. He can groove and jazz like a champion, but can he slam it down HARD like what we expect on a Devy album? I await to hear it. With baited breathe is an understatement....

I think we should not expect anything. Go with the flow man. And so should Devin. (I'm sure he does actually)
#181429 by Roddy
Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:04 pm
Purple Tentacle wrote:
Roddy wrote:Duris Maxwell. Have checked him out. He can groove and jazz like a champion, but can he slam it down HARD like what we expect on a Devy album? I await to hear it. With baited breathe is an understatement....

I think we should not expect anything. Go with the flow man. And so should Devin. (I'm sure he does actually)

Not so sure mate. The fact that Dev's been involved in the creation of excessively high quality Metal/progressive/Rock since 1993, and created genius like Ocean Machine, Terria, Infinity etc etc etc brings with it certain levels of expectation, don't you think?
#181453 by Biert
Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:31 am
Roddy wrote:
Purple Tentacle wrote:

Not so sure mate. The fact that Dev's been involved in the creation of excessively high quality Metal/progressive/Rock since 1993, and created genius like Ocean Machine, Terria, Infinity etc etc etc brings with it certain levels of expectation, don't you think?

The fact that there's huge contrast between the solo work and DTB on one side, SYL on the other side, and the electronic projects on the third side, plus the fact that no two albums he's made so far have been even slightly similar, suggest that you shouldn't expect anything (except quality music ;)).
#181474 by kekle3
Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:48 am

A phonecall and a small gentle kiss on his cheek should do just fine Devin :)

---I bet he¨s like a gentle bear..