Face your chaos, know who you are!
#182974 by StopCuttingMyArmsOff
Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 am
Hey Dev,

While I love the guitar sound of yours, I'm also a huge fan of your vocal performance. Just wondering if Ki is gonna have any vocals (not really lyrical, but if there's gonna be any chorus or harmonies or anything) From the way things are sounding, Ki might be more on the instrumental side, which is damn cool. But I guess I'm sort of a vocal geek, so just wonderin'. :)
#182979 by hairbearbunch
Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:32 pm
The Dev wrote:dance like a mosquito on a piece of hot tin.

Frizzle me dizzle

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#182981 by The Dev
Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:13 pm
Yeah, for sure...I've got so much music, records and records worth, so I've just been sorting out what goes where, and the vocals on Ki are pretty specific. It has a point. And it only gets mad here and there, but when it does, it's pretty overwhelming.

Some beautiful stuff too.

I sing as much as any other instrument, so it'll have it's fair share.

...hard to explain this one...

um...

it's ...good? (or something?)

I just bought the new nickelback album to see what the fuss is about.

I mean, I like intercourse as well, so yay nickelback! ...finally someone is being honest!

:shock:
#182983 by MeOpsis
Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:24 pm
Based on all your other work it will be good AND something-maybe not as good as Nickleback but we can dream! Never stop...please. :D
#182985 by Persuader
Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:37 pm
Dev > Nickelback.

Fact.

8)
#182987 by AlucardXIX
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm
The Dev wrote:Yeah, for sure...I've got so much music, records and records worth, so I've just been sorting out what goes where, and the vocals on Ki are pretty specific. It has a point. And it only gets mad here and there, but when it does, it's pretty overwhelming.

um...

I mean, I like intercourse as well, so yay nickelback! ...finally someone is being honest!

Oh Dev, all bands on the radio sing about it now...its the new big thing! If you want a decent mainstream album, the new Shinedown album is pretty good.
#182988 by Amber
Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 pm
The Dev wrote:Yeah, for sure...I've got so much music, records and records worth, so I've just been sorting out what goes where, and the vocals on Ki are pretty specific. It has a point. And it only gets mad here and there, but when it does, it's pretty overwhelming.

um...

Yay! I'm glad to here about the vocals. Vocals is my favourite instrument. Tugs my heartstrings more than any other. :D I can partially sing myself too, so maybe I'm bias :P
#182992 by Ike
Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:50 pm
I mean, I like intercourse as well, so yay nickelback!

well put!

i'd like to +1 the question for a release date, or some kind of update on the production process. like what state you're at with the recording. man, i haven't been so fanboy-ish for years. sorry if it's annoying.
#182994 by Ageia
Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:36 pm
nickelback's new album is my guilty pleasure. nothing like driving around a 7-11 block at 11PM blasting Burn it to the Ground
#183000 by The Dev
Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:09 pm
yeah, some of that album is pretty damn infectuous, agreed.

I'm exporting guitars right now, watching the Simpsons movie.
#183002 by AlucardXIX
Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm
The Dev wrote:yeah, some of that album is pretty damn infectuous, agreed.

I'm exporting guitars right now, watching the Simpsons movie.

Does it actually have some good music? I'm still not convinced since it is Nickelback...

The Simpsons movie was good stuff by the way!
#183003 by Ageia
Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:47 pm
it's catchy fun road trip music
#183005 by Purple Phoenix
Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:24 pm
That's true, the new Shinedown album was pretty good... that guy's got a pretty good voice too. I loooooooooooooove good singers... as Amber put it, vox tug the heartstrings like nothing else- they're the only natural human instrument. Actually, yeah, I supposed I'm biased too since I'm in an a capella group. Oh well... Dev > Shinedown, me, and everyone else.
#183006 by MeOpsis
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 pm
Yeah Shinedown's singer is good but he overdoes it big time. Completely ruined "Simple man" imho-and it even has the word "simple" in it.