Face your chaos, know who you are!
#195903 by kyl88
Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:12 pm
And they're always warm.....warm and moist. I don't like warm and moist.[/quote]

Oh, the immature and out-of-context jokes one could make... :lol:

But seriously, the lyrics on Ki are some of Devins' finest, in my humble opinion. Everything about Terminal is perfect.

The music, lyrics, and melody are so...haunting? I'm not sure I can think of a suitable adjective, but I love it like I love

Deadhead. Just perfect. :)
#195994 by Doctor Lore
Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:17 am
Thank you man!

Any chance of the lyrics to the end of Ki behind the main vocals?

I can only make out little snippets like "everybody knows" "see it in the show" and "ki". I doubt if those are even right to be honest :P
#196009 by The Dev
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:17 am
'Here's a little riddle bout a when I was a little toddle, piddle in the puddle and my head was in a muddle
you can sing it when you're sad, you can sing it when you're mad, you can sing it in the shower come along the latest's
Gaia to gaia to gaia to gaia (etc)

and

If you feel like you are incomplete, yet you are still in love yet you are sleeping, eternal I, I, I ,I (etc)
#196012 by FUBAR
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:22 am
The Dev wrote:'Here's a little riddle bout a when I was a little toddle, piddle in the puddle and my head was in a muddle
you can sing it when you're sad, you can sing it when you're mad, you can sing it in the shower come along the latest's

and

If you feel like you are incomplete, yet you are still in love yet you are sleeping, eternal I, I, I ,I (etc)

Cool lyrics, it's really sweet that you can listen and actually decipher the lyrics aswell!, man I love that song.
#196025 by Purple Phoenix
Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:46 pm
Beautiful lyrics... adds another dimension to what has rapidly become one of my favorite albums ever. I can't wait to listen through it (in superior, CD quality) and read through the lyrics when I get my copy... it's going to be quite an adventure. I also look forward to some pondering and over-analyzing of these lyrics, as I honestly don't really know what Ki is about yet... maybe it'll take Addicted and Destruction for it all to make sense to me.
#196034 by Matt Nevens
Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:55 pm
The Dev wrote:'Here's a little riddle bout a when I was a little toddle, piddle in the puddle and my head was in a muddle

and

Thanks!
#196035 by gitrplaya4u
Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 pm
islandsinthesky wrote:
The Dev wrote:So thank you Jean Michael

Who is Jean Michael?

Awesome lyrics.

I'm lost, too. Anyone?
#196048 by gendralman
Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:32 pm

and

Oh my god, you just made my day. :D Those voices are my favorite part.
#196074 by nodnarb1014
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm

and

Awesome! Thanks Dev!
#196080 by into the voigtex
Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Definitely getting a Dr Seuss vibe there... I don't know about you, but having read Fox In Sox to the kids for the five hundredth time this month I have most of the tweetle beetle puddle paddle battle bit memorised. I wonder if there'll be a Yo Gabba Gabba reference on Deconstruction? :D

Love the lyrics, by the way. Particularly intrigued by the Iapetus reference. (Not asking for an explanation, just thinking out loud.)

Ro
#196085 by The Dev
Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:12 pm
Jean Michael ... = Ozzy (with a french twist)
#196100 by ScottMcTony
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm
John Michael Osbourne. What, did anyone think his birth name was Ozzy?