The place to speak about Dev's current projects, and everything yet to come
#274550 by catharsis
Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 am
pretty sure i've read the exact opposite, but i guess i'm wrong! hey mr. bean, interesting connection you made there.
#274559 by gitrplaya4u
Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 am
This one is pretty obvious but for some reason I just noticed it....
Poltergeist: "NOW we fall apart at the seams" -> Seams "We're falling apart at the seams"
#274560 by David Hardy
Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:06 am
Listening to Synchestra again and it's littered with self-references:

Babysong has a musical segment that's a throwback to Infinity. Definitely hearing some War and Bad Devil riffs in there.
Mental Tan and Judgment share a melody. One could argue that the main riff of Notes From Africa is an extension of it.
Sunset has a similar melody to Truth
Pixillate DEFINITELY references Truth
Judgment has an "I'm sorry" line sung similar to Planet Rain

And of course the SYL connections in Judgment and Notes From Africa.
#274598 by mrbean667
Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:35 pm
David Hardy wrote:Listening to Synchestra again and it's littered with self-references:

Babysong has a musical segment that's a throwback to Infinity. Definitely hearing some War and Bad Devil riffs in there.
Mental Tan and Judgment share a melody. One could argue that the main riff of Notes From Africa is an extension of it.
Sunset has a similar melody to Truth
Pixillate DEFINITELY references Truth
Judgment has an "I'm sorry" line sung similar to Planet Rain

And of course the SYL connections in Judgment and Notes From Africa.

During the middle section of Babysong the tune from Hypergeek can be heard.
#274962 by Tonya Elf
Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:03 am
This isn't a self-reference at all, but I didn't know where else to put it, and gitrplaya4u mentioned the Dark Crystal theme way back, so...

Material 1:18 - 1:31
and 1:51 - 2:25 of this
[youtube]kkMLZfltAVk[/youtube]
#274965 by Octillus
Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:12 am
Monitarcturum wrote:
static2 wrote:be less of a child.

NEVER

Damn it, I can't sage here. So uh...UNIMPORTANT SHIT, PAY NO ATTENTION, CARRY ON

I'll shut up now

Good. I admit things like this get a bit ridiculous, especially when combined with the gushing, but you're on a fan forum. There are plenty of vocal parts of the internet where you can express a disdain for all of the nerdy things we enjoy to do that isn't here.

Sorry I took so long to notice this.
#274998 by ppinkham
Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:38 pm
Tonya Elf wrote:This isn't a self-reference at all, but I didn't know where else to put it, and gitrplaya4u mentioned the Dark Crystal theme way back, so...

Material 1:18 - 1:31
and 1:51 - 2:25 of this
[youtube]kkMLZfltAVk[/youtube]

Thank you! I knew I had heard that from somewhere!
#275000 by Phase
Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:42 pm
Gato Negro and Deconstruction share a guitar riff. In Gato it's the "Beware the cat people" riff, and the one afterwards, in Deconstruction it's the "It's just terrifying" riff and the bit after! (With a slight variation with a string bend.)

Wosko! Did you order the Calm and the Storm set? I got a little piece of paper in there with a code to download the songs.
#275023 by Wosko
Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:58 pm
Nope just bought the regular decon/ ghost at the show a few weeks ago now im sad