You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#125227 by King Fear
Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:23 am
Really. I wasn't that fond of Synchestra when it came out at the beginning of the year, but with all warm and sunny weather outside, birds singing, crickets chirping, I came to appreciate its overall mood much much better.

#125229 by FlatHead
Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:52 am
Same here.

#125242 by Biert
Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:24 am
I agree, I've said it a dozen times. This album really shines when the sun comes out. I've experienced it today, sitting in the bus on the way home, sun shining, Synchestra pleasuring my ears and beyond, it's sheer magic.

#125253 by niklang
Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:17 am
Sounds good right now looking out at a sunny day.
It just exudes sunshine.

#125262 by myra
Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:22 am
I was driving into work this morning when it was really foggy and the sun was just starting to peak through..

I put in Notes From Africa...perfect!

EDIT: I really need to learn grammar! Haha!

#125270 by fragility
Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:00 am
Biert wrote:Synchestra pleasuring my ears and beyond

As tempting as it is, I won't ask!

It is definately a sumemr album. The weather and seasons are always one of th ebiggest factors in what I want to listen to

#125316 by jon
Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:30 am
fragility wrote: The weather and seasons are always one of th ebiggest factors in what I want to listen to

hmmm, i never thought about that before.

its a fair point tho, my dead kennedys and pixies albums only ever get played in the summer time. in fact, i reckon the average 'heaviness' of my playlist increases/decreases in direct relation to the number of hours of darkness in a twenty four hour period (read:day)

in fact, i'm off to draw up a couple of pie charts and a graph to illustrate my point!

#125326 by Biert
Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:02 am
fragility wrote:
Biert wrote:Synchestra pleasuring my ears and beyond

As tempting as it is, I won't ask!

Beyond my right ear, there's my brain, and then my other ear ;)

#125340 by rainbowgirrrl
Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:44 am
yeah i love synchestra when its sunny, well i love it any time but it seems to be more 'effective' when its sunny...if that makes sense! or is 'emotive' that i'm thinking of... anyway yeah it is a sunny album! i like listening to 'moon safari' by air when its sunny, mainly afternoon sunshine.

#125388 by CardDinour
Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:35 am
its well and truly winter now, and Synchestra is still getting as much airplay as it did when it was released. it works all year round for me! some albums by other artists are purely winter or summer though

#125509 by psychotic
Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:50 pm
Now that you mention it, I've been listening to it lately more than I ever have except for right when I got it. I've probably listened through it 5 or 6 times in the last week.

#125517 by Blazingmonga
Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:13 am
CardDinour wrote:its well and truly winter now, and Synchestra is still getting as much airplay as it did when it was released. it works all year round for me! some albums by other artists are purely winter or summer though

Aaah...but how cold are your winters though? I'm thinking Australian winter = Scottish summer. Am I wrong?

#125581 by EternalMetal
Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:47 pm
I havent tried listening to Synchestra on a sunny summer day yet. Now that you mention it, it may be a good idea. I listened to it the first time while I was going to Vermont to go skiing, so yea, no summer days there. I will try it out on the next good day we have.

It definitely does seem like a summer album though.

#125582 by junkmonkey
Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:02 pm
ah it's great!poppin in Synchestra while drivin and listenin through headphones while walkin through the park is truely a great experience!