You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#114168 by Mudtrailer
Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:28 pm
EvilPanda wrote:
aedro wrote:
They're hippies bro! :lol:

Hippies dont make metal.
Just my opinion.

#114174 by Atari
Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:25 am
Puzzleface wrote:Oh and Dev emptying the RV's shitbox and his reaction to it had me on the fucking floor.

#114251 by 666between_his_horns
Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:22 pm
I was expecting a bit more as well - after Alien, the DVD was a let down, no doubt about it. Nonetheless I enjoyed it and didn't mind watching Devin fart around on the road. It was funny!

I expected a Synchestra live performance, not past material but it was very cool to watch. Dev's voice was a bit rough, but try playing and singing at the same time - agghh!

Yes, the DVD was way behind Alien but hey, it was a bonus and I'll take it as it is. To that end, I think the original post had valid points. I just think that maybe we expect too much from Dev now, knowing what he's capable of.

Expect the unexpected!

Tim

#114260 by danceswithchickens
Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:16 pm
For what it's worth, his voice sounded better at the show this week than it does on the DVD. I still consider him to be more of a "studio vocalist", as he does things in the studio that are almost impossible to pull off live, especially while playing guitar.

#114270 by EvilPanda
Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:37 pm
Mudtrailer wrote:
EvilPanda wrote:
aedro wrote:

Hippies dont make metal.
Just my opinion.

I was refering to the bit in the studio tour of the DVD were we see Dev say "We're hippies bro!" when talking about the candles.

#114326 by Das Schuetzenfest
Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:42 am
666between_his_horns wrote:after Alien, the DVD was a let down, no doubt about it.

I BEG TO DIFFER!

#114340 by Blazingmonga
Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:35 am
After reading this thread it seems I am the only person who actually really, really likes the wobbly-vision visuals. I am glad they are there!

#114344 by VelvetKevorkian429
Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:11 am
Blazingmonga wrote:After reading this thread it seems I am the only person who actually really, really likes the wobbly-vision visuals. I am glad they are there!

I'm not. it's just distracting and really unneccessary. Although sometimes they are kinda cool and all, but other times they are mostly in the way during some of the best parts of the DVD. And i can't really see what they are doing because theres so many effects all over the screen. They just really over-did it. A few effect here n there and on the sides would have been cool (like the kind of stuff on 'For Those Aboot To Rock'). but theres just too much goin on.

#114414 by Noodles
Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:39 pm
I was kind of disapointed that it wasn't an actualy "live" DVD, but i've still watched it 3 times. And as for the tour stuff, well i think thats how any sort of human would act on tour. Did they have to film it? no, but it was still funny.

A making-of Synchestra would have been nice though

#114438 by danceswithchickens
Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:50 am
Blazingmonga wrote:After reading this thread it seems I am the only person who actually really, really likes the wobbly-vision visuals. I am glad they are there!

I'm with you, Monga! Fuck all of these ingrates!

#114445 by Mudtrailer
Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:12 am
EvilPanda wrote:
Mudtrailer wrote:
EvilPanda wrote:
aedro wrote:

Hippies dont make metal.
Just my opinion.

I was refering to the bit in the studio tour of the DVD were we see Dev say "We're hippies bro!" when talking about the candles.

I'll shut up..... hahahaha
got you.

#114450 by Biert
Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:17 am
danceswithchickens wrote:

I'm with you, Monga! Fuck all of these ingrates!

That makes 3!!

#114463 by hog
Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:29 pm
Is it me or is there a total over-(anal)ysis of this dvd? Its really good! Jeez some people :roll:

#114467 by BlueRaja
Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:00 pm
It's not just you, but...it's a discussion board. What are ya gonna do? *shrug*:wink: