You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#109546 by Ali
Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:30 am
Blazingmonga wrote:Nothing too expensive, but it sounds awesome. I have:

Marantz SR44000 AV Amp
Eltax Monitor III Fronts
Mission M7C1i Center
Gale 3060B Bi-Polar Surrounds
Gale Storm 10 Sub
All Digital Cables

I only use my Yamaha DVD player as the CD player, and that may be what I upgrade next. I also have a rather sweet Marantz TT42 turntable and Cambridge Audio preamp.

Although I seem to have many different (mostly budget range) brands connected, they all work very well together.

Audio stuff also makes me very sweaty. If I have any money to spare, thats where it all goes.

What CA phono preamp do you have? 540P or 640P maybe? Is it any good? I have thought purchasing 540P, so I'm curious about other people's experiences.

#109553 by Blazingmonga
Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:37 am
Just the 540P, as my turntable is MM, and the main difference with the 640P is the option of using a MC turntable. (I hope I got that the right way round heh).

Anyway, it sounds great and has a nice wee blue light on the front.

#109656 by danceswithchickens
Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:23 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:
danceswithchickens wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:I actually bought a whole new HiFi system to listen to Alien, and I am glad I did because this also has those awesome bass drops. My subwoofer kicks ass!

I do feel sorry for my neighbours though. A bit.

What kind of sub/system? Just curious...I love to talk audio stuff...

Nothing too expensive, but it sounds awesome. I have:

Marantz SR44000 AV Amp
Eltax Monitor III Fronts
Mission M7C1i Center
Gale 3060B Bi-Polar Surrounds
Gale Storm 10 Sub
All Digital Cables

I only use my Yamaha DVD player as the CD player, and that may be what I upgrade next. I also have a rather sweet Marantz TT42 turntable and Cambridge Audio preamp.

Although I seem to have many different (mostly budget range) brands connected, they all work very well together.

Audio stuff also makes me very sweaty. If I have any money to spare, thats where it all goes.

Nice, another junky :D. I had to sell my Paradigm PDR-12 when I moved into an apartment, as it was just too damn loud. Now I'm not even using a sub at home...

My car is a different story, however. I'm running a JL Audio 12W7. I don't mind saying that it's probably one of the finest subwoofers available for car audio. The bass drops in Synchestra actually hurt sometimes...but in a good way, you know? If you're not familiar with the sub, here it is:

#109678 by gurp13
Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:09 am
Monga, that looks like some good stuff there. I recognize Marantz and I imagine that if you have enough sense to buy Marantz that the other components are pretty decent, too. One of these days, I'm gonna get some nice stuff in my office (when I have a home office) to listen to my music properly on. :)

#109697 by Blazingmonga
Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:30 am
gurp13 wrote:Monga, that looks like some good stuff there. I recognize Marantz and I imagine that if you have enough sense to buy Marantz that the other components are pretty decent, too. One of these days, I'm gonna get some nice stuff in my office (when I have a home office) to listen to my music properly on. :)

Marantz are very high quality for the price. All of my stuff is very good, but I spent most of my budget on the amplifier, and less on the other bits. It sounds better that way round!

#110050 by day old male
Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:16 am
Did Dev invent the technology to produce bass bombs? That might sound like a dumb question, but the first time I think I heard one was that almighty explosion when the drums kick in on Truth, and I don't think FF were using them back then. Of course, it seems the technology has improved since then, most deliciously exemplified in Alien and Synchestra. Are they a synthesised sound, or is it something to do with the kick drum? I don't know anything about them so any info would be great guys. Cheers!

James.

#110069 by Paroxyst
Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:25 am
The technology as such is nothing new - in the past there has simply been little point in mixing in frequencies which only the biggest systems like concert rigs could really produce. Low-frequency reproduction has come in leaps and bounds over the last 25 years, and the availability of capable sub-woofers to end users is far greater than it has ever been in previous decades.

So in essence, the whole "bass bomb" thing is really like a new novelty which producers and engineers are now able to start taking up on as more and more people purchase systems capable of reproducing the sounds. :)

Synthesised = yes ;)

#110072 by HiPoCrAcY
Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:44 am
So, any Drum and Bass fans? Bass is the shit :twisted: Itd be nice to play one of Devs Bass drops on a really big system like in a club with a nice speaker stack. I've always wanted to do this :)

#110076 by Paroxyst
Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:07 am
Better on a fat rock PA with enough mid-frequency response to do all the guitars, synths and piano justice AS WELL as the fat bass drops... :D

#110246 by gurp13
Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:49 pm
Paroxyst wrote:The technology as such is nothing new - in the past there has simply been little point in mixing in frequencies which only the biggest systems like concert rigs could really produce. Low-frequency reproduction has come in leaps and bounds over the last 25 years, and the availability of capable sub-woofers to end users is far greater than it has ever been in previous decades.

So in essence, the whole "bass bomb" thing is really like a new novelty which producers and engineers are now able to start taking up on as more and more people purchase systems capable of reproducing the sounds. :)

Synthesised = yes ;)

good post, man, thanks!

#110255 by Socialenemy69
Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:29 pm
this is where my bass bombs come from
2 X 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 Subs

#110263 by gurp13
Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:11 pm
Socialenemy69 wrote:this is where my bass bombs come from
2 X 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 Subs

<whispered> Ah waant that.

(from Napoleon Dynamite: the lady to her husband regarding the model ship that comes with Uncle Rico's order of Tupperware.)

#110294 by Kristopher
Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:18 am
I was at work the other day... setting up a single mackie system (waiting for synch on the double with subs) and it was fucking amazing.... I turned off the low cut on the speakers (powered mackies rock!), I was running it through a DVD player into my Soundcraft desk( actually not too bad eh) and out into the powered mackies... no amp necessary... and fuckin hell it filled the function room with all its glory!!!

Now when i have to set up a quadruple mackie system in a ballroom (4 in the roof and four on the floor) , two subs in the right place.... and BANG
SYNCHESTRA is going to wake up perth!!!

I love the sub 50hz range when used proper