You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

Synchestra

2%
2%
2%
2%
14%
14%
1%
1%
0%
0%
4%
4%
0%
0%
7%
7%
9%
9%
3%
3%
2%
2%
1%
1%
4%
4%
1%
1%

#108623 by EternalMetal
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:17 pm
Captain Awesome wrote:
Evo wrote:Triumph, by far.
It quickly became my favorite Devin song.

+1

+2

This song just showcases the cd. I feel as though this is the hit track, and Vai playing on it (dong an AMAZING job btw) is not even the entire reason. I just love the vibe of the song, its just amazing. The Vai solo, is surprisingly not shredding and blisteringly fast, but it fits PERFECTLY. I love how it fits so well, and you can just tell as soon as his guitar starts to play the first note that its him.

Pixillate is definitely high up, so is Notes, Gaia, and SUNSHINE!!!! :lol:

Vampira is an excellent rockin out song, I love it.

The cd is so good, that its hard to pick a favorite. I honostly think that Pixillate is the "Earth Day" of Synchestra, but Triumph is like the "Deep Peace."

#108625 by gurp13
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:24 pm
I'd love to vote but I've only listened to the album about four times. That's way too little to make a judgement about a Devin Townsend album. But, I do like Triumph, Hypergeek, Gaia, and Pixilate. A Simple Lullaby is good. And, my son loves when I sing The Baby Song to him. :)

Oh, and that damn Notes from Africa is pretty good, too. "There's a freeeeway, a freeeeeway!" Yeah, yeah, yeaaaah.
Last edited by gurp13 on Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#108636 by doomsoldier
Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:25 pm
It's weird. For some reason, when the song titles were first announced waaay back when, I had this really strong gut feeling that Sunset would be one of the best tracks on the album. Just something about the name appealed to me. But judging from this topic so far, it's not one of the top tracks.

I have to admit, that dissapoints me just a little. Of course, that dissapointment will be reduced to virtually nothing when I finally get my HDR copy of the album and listen to it in all its majesty!

#108637 by gurp13
Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:27 pm
doomsoldier wrote:It's weird. For some reason, when the song titles were first announced waaay back when, I had this really strong gut feeling that Sunset would be one of the best tracks on the album. Just something about the name appealed to me. But judging from this topic so far, it's not one of the top tracks.

I have to admit, that dissapoints me just a little. Of course, that dissapointment will be reduced to virtually nothing when I finally get my HDR copy of the album and listen to it in all its majesty!

Sunset is good, but it's releasing the tension from A Simple Lullaby and leading in to Notes From Africa.

#108641 by S D M F
Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:49 pm
Right now I'd have to say Gaia or Notes From Africa, but theres something about Babysong that sticks with me as to maybe my favorite as of right now. Don't ask me why hehe, I don't know. But the whole damn album is downright amazing, so I wont vote yet, just too hard. 8)

#108688 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:34 am
at the moment my favs notes from africa.

I
LOVE
THIS
ALBUM!

#108707 by publius77
Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:19 am
I've had to go for Vampira. I only picked up my copy last night but this morning whilst driving to work it was the one track I had to flip back on and listen to again. However, it will change when I get it on the ipod, grab a Large Bacardi and REALLY relax into it... Publius.

#108726 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:20 am
You cant ask me this yet!!! ahhhhh, ill try in a few days. TOO SOON!!! TOO SOON!!! for me anyway...

#108734 by Biert
Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:29 am
I'm having trouble picking a favourite track for any album. And every song on this album is great, that doesn't help...

#108748 by Nasalspray
Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:09 am
Pixillate

"You are the rainbow!
You are the sun to my chameleon!"

I love that part. It's just too beautiful. :)

#108765 by fragility
Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 am
No particular song has staked that claim for me yet...I'm sure it will with time

#108787 by odiz
Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:08 am
Pixillate! Hard choice, but the fact that it has that egyptian vibe calls it.

#108789 by asparagusDuck
Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:17 am
doomsoldier wrote:It's weird. For some reason, when the song titles were first announced waaay back when, I had this really strong gut feeling that Sunset would be one of the best tracks on the album. Just something about the name appealed to me. But judging from this topic so far, it's not one of the top tracks.

Sunset is really good, its so beautiful and relaxing. people probably don't vote for it because it's kind of like a bridge between other songs as someone else said. It kind of reminds me of Down and Under not really because of its sound, but because of its purpose and the mood it sets. bottom line, you will not be disappointed with sunset!

#108839 by niklang
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:41 pm
I went for Triumph but that might change over time but as of right now thats the one. Its the one that has standed out most on the first few listens but I'm listening to Pixillate right now and its sounding damn good.

#108843 by Shamnera
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:51 pm
Pixillate
Notes From Africa
Judgement
Gaia
Triumph
Hypergeek
Sunset
Let It Roll
Vampira
Vampolka