You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#108648 by Tim
Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:13 am
Captain Awesome wrote:
Tim wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:yeah the JB on liz st(melbourne) just got em in and has a fucking shitload of the special edition

That's funny, because I just rang and asked them, and was told they hadn't come in yet.

Whoever you spoke to is a twit.

That wouldn't surprise me. When I went to get the syl dvd, I was told it wasn't in yet, even though I'd been told on the phone earlier it had come in.

They are DEFINITELY there (both special and regular versions) as I was jsut there an hour ago and picked up the special DVD edition.

Note: They are not placed under the Devin Townsend divider but rather sit on the shelf above at about eye level. Hope that helps. :D

Thanks. It's a bit late to hop a train now, but I'll ask them again tomorow, and hopefully be able to get it.

#108654 by P1
Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:29 am
Captain Awesome wrote:
Tim wrote:
sj_2150 wrote:yeah the JB on liz st(melbourne) just got em in and has a fucking shitload of the special edition

That's funny, because I just rang and asked them, and was told they hadn't come in yet.

Whoever you spoke to is a twit. They are DEFINITELY there (both special and regular versions) as I was jsut there an hour ago and picked up the special DVD edition.

Note: They are not placed under the Devin Townsend divider but rather sit on the shelf above at about eye level. Hope that helps. :D

Gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I obviously spoke to the same moron as I also was told that they didn't have it in stock yet.

#108656 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:02 am
I got mine before it got to the shelves!!!! Whoooooo!!!! So JB HiFi in Adelaide has them now, yeah.

#108662 by Tim
Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:55 am
This is really starting to shit me.

#108690 by sj_2150
Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:39 am
P1 wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Tim wrote:

Whoever you spoke to is a twit. They are DEFINITELY there (both special and regular versions) as I was jsut there an hour ago and picked up the special DVD edition.

Gggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I obviously spoke to the same moron as I also was told that they didn't have it in stock yet.

they came real late in the day, i came into jb after school, bought terria and infinity and then when i was coming home at around 5, called me and told me they were in stock as the truck had just arrived

#108704 by P1
Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:49 am
sj_2150 wrote:
P1 wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:
Tim wrote:

they came real late in the day, i came into jb after school, bought terria and infinity and then when i was coming home at around 5, called me and told me they were in stock as the truck had just arrived

I must have called just before the truck come in. I asked at the time if they would be expecting any more deliveries today and I was told no. Anyway all is good, I made the trek into the city tonight to JB and picked it up. There was about six limited editions and six standard versions left in stock. Just finished my first listen now. :D :D :D

#108711 by Tim
Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:48 am
I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow, then.

#109146 by CardDinour
Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:28 pm
Coma Divine wrote:Good mention.

They have a lot of New Releases up on that shelf.

do you often make the trip into melbourne? or do you just hang out in the hole of a city to the west of me ? ;)

#109160 by Cav
Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:22 am
I would just like to announce that those of you who now have the album are now officially bastards. :)

JB's in Perth haven't received their copies yet, they reckon it'll be in some time in the next week or two (I went round there and asked - I learned long ago to never trust the opinion of a JB's employee on the phone!). They'd ordered some copies of the special edition so I reserved one (Awright!)

It's just a pity that we've got to wait while in the eastern states it's already on the shelves. You'd have thought they'd have worked their way around the distance thing by now, eh?

I love JB's but they're just not too reliable when it comes to getting stuff in. I remember ordering a copy of the last Wildhearts album from them - after 6 months they got a copy in and clearly forgot that a customer had ordered it, because the first I heard of it was when a friend walked in and picked it up off the shelf (Then kept it for himself, the bastard!)

I go over and complain and they order me another one, which took another few months to arrive - by that time I'd given up & gotten a friend in the UK to pick it up for me. They actually got a little pissy when I refused to pay for it too!

Still - in just another week or so I'll have my own spanking new copy of the special edition & all will be well with the world :D

#109172 by cough
Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:54 am
I got my copy from JB HIFi Adelaide. I got the DVD version but no 16 page booklet. What edition do I get the 16 page booklet in?

Has this been covered? I don't know, I should probably read through the threads first.

#109179 by BLOOOR
Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:28 am
got my copy today from JB brighton (victoria)
digipack, with the dvd (which was, and is, awesome)
the booklet has exactly 16 pages, so that must be that
giggity

#109241 by Guffers
Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 am
i scored the last special edition at jb on elizabeth st in melb. man was i relieved, no way was i getting the standard!

#109438 by sj_2150
Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:49 pm
WOW! theyre going quick!

#109949 by mo
Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:35 pm
JB definitely has the DVD version, $42 at pitt st in the city (Shitney)

#110028 by Tracy
Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:06 am
There will eventually be a domestic release through Roadrunner but they have just gotten the parts so it will be delayed there for a few weeks. In the meantime, it's imports that the stores will be carrying.