You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#107717 by classy camron
Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:07 pm
cause im lazy

#108064 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:57 pm
I'll give no real spoilers either (it's better that way, right) but I bought it today and I'm watching the DVD now.

It has, with no exception, probably the best 'live sound' that I've heard on a music VHS/DVD....ever.

Previously, of all things, it was a Prince one recorded 'live in the studio' waaaaaaay back when he rocked and always had a guitar strapped on. Yeah, before you start, it's not metal - so sue me ! :twisted:

This though.....well, shit...it's just spot on in all departments.....and then some.

Congrats to all concerned on putting this together - whoever mixed this puppy down deserves some serious fuckin' praise !

#108086 by DeadPatient
Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:25 pm
GunJohn wrote:
The setlist on the DVD is:

Truth
Regulator
Storm
Earth Day
Life
Deadhead
Away
Slow Me Down

I hope that the setlist for the tour is 100% different then what is on the DVD. There just so much material so basically they can have a different setlist every other or every tour nite.

#108090 by DonkeySmiler
Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:38 pm
I was just curious.... I think right before Deadhead on the dvd, the text "Namaste" pops up..... was that a last minute change and the song was removed or was it just an added effect?

Great dvd, was kind of hoping for more songs, but great none-the-less!

#108091 by gozu
Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:39 pm
no 7th wave? damn still awesome lineup... is that away/deep peace?

#108093 by Greyghost
Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:46 pm
gozu wrote:no 7th wave? damn still awesome lineup... is that away/deep peace?

Hell yeah!
I just got done watching it, and I agree that I've NEVER heard better sound from a music DVD. Deadhead just SLAYS, man!
(and the new album takes everything to a new level too--What a package this special edition is!)
Thank you Devin!

#108127 by psychotic
Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:56 am
Yeah, I'll pass this off as a HUGE success. I think I converted about abut six people tonight from people who had no interest whatsoever into people who actually came to me, with the DVD playing and said, "Damn. who are these guys, they're amazing". Just shows my roomies who should've been in charge of the stereo all year...

#108138 by Biert
Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:25 am
I have been watching a bit of the DVD. I found out my DVD players NTSC support is a joke. The picture is very shocking, you can really see it just skips frames (NTSC being 30 fps, PAL 25).

I watched the first song of the studin gig yesterday, and when I turned it off to go to work, my mom asked... "Is that computer music?" :chain:

#108554 by Carpathian Psychonaut
Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:20 pm
Biert wrote:I have been watching a bit of the DVD. I found out my DVD players NTSC support is a joke. The picture is very shocking, you can really see it just skips frames (NTSC being 30 fps, PAL 25).

I watched the first song of the studin gig yesterday, and when I turned it off to go to work, my mom asked... "Is that computer music?" :chain:

I'm surprised, actually.

I've had my DVD player 5 years and my TV about 4 and to be honest the NTSC discs look just about the same as PAL - certainly the DTB one is seriously good on both counts and my rig is far from a dear one (or new !)

#108600 by Tracy
Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:19 pm
classy camron wrote:sorry for being anoying,but i dont order things and such i dont do that sorta shit but i wanna know,i live in manitoba and i wanna know what date i can go to HMV and buy sychestra and will it come with the DVD? cause i herd janurary 27th then abunch of other shit like you have to be in europe to get the DVD so i wanna know like the facts preferably from a canadian,that is getting it the same way. k thats all thanks.

Canadian DVDs won't be in stores until about Feb 20.

#108607 by CardDinour
Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:42 pm
DonkeySmiler wrote:I was just curious.... I think right before Deadhead on the dvd, the text "Namaste" pops up..... was that a last minute change and the song was removed or was it just an added effect?

Great dvd, was kind of hoping for more songs, but great none-the-less!

wondering about that myself, was a bit bummed to find out they didnt play it, at least one Physicist song wouldve rocked but oh well, its fucking awesome as it is. the visual effects are monstrous :)

i couldnt have asked for a better dvd. its really really awesome :) mad setlist too :)

#108614 by deku
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:04 pm
I'm generally not a fan of visual effects on live DVDs, but for some reason they really fit here :). Great performance and sound too :D

#108621 by gurp13
Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:13 pm
deku wrote:I'm generally not a fan of visual effects on live DVDs, but for some reason they really fit here :). Great performance and sound too :D

I have to respectfully disagree. As an iTunes and Apple user, I found the "visualizer" effects to mostly be annoying. I guess they could have been okay if they were behind the picture in the "margins" but when they overlapped I thought it was kinda lame. I am curious about rights and such. How did they obtain clearance for such a use of the imagery? I wouldn't have guessed Apple would have licensed it. Cool that they did, though.

#108653 by fragility
Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:22 am
I'm also not a big fan of the effects. I'm never a fan of anything like that, I'd just rather see the performance. Still, the DVD (or what I've watched so far) is great, it's not enough to change that

#108658 by funny_little_guy
Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:07 am
The DVD is awsome, so awsome. In my opinion Tracy talked it down way more than it deserves, considering how far it was from what it was going to be originally I was expecting to be a bit dissapointed, but the sound is great as well as the performance. Good job all, and thankyou for the awsomeness.