You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!

#103657 by Eyesore
Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:40 pm
Devilius wrote:come on guys. Let's get the atmosphere right! :?

I thought we were doing pretty good? :shock: Or better yet:

#103708 by TrenTs
Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:37 am
I saw it online so I downloaded it, went out and got myself some joints and listened to it... and I have to say: he's done it again!!! :lol: It's an amazing album. Thanks mate. :twisted:

#103728 by Das Schuetzenfest
Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:36 am
Eyesore wrote:Image

:shock:

You've never tried drugs, right?

DO IT!

#104550 by Janne
Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:58 am
A simple question: If I download Synchestra today and then buy it when it comes out - what harm has been done?

#104563 by TrenTs
Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:05 pm
Janne wrote:A simple question: If I download Synchestra today and then buy it when it comes out - what harm has been done?

I don't know... I felt kind of guilty when I had downloaded it... I'm the kind of guy that buys all his stuff anyways, and especially the special editions, yet it still doesn't feel right.

#104564 by Blazingmonga
Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:45 pm
Janne wrote:A simple question: If I download Synchestra today and then buy it when it comes out - what harm has been done?

Some possible simple answers are:

1) You go against the artist's wishes.
2) You potentially encourage or enable others to do the same, with no guarantee that they will have the same moral standpoint as you and may not purchase the final product.
3) You dispel/deflate the mystery and hype that surrounds a release, which may in turn harm sales (though thats a bit vague).
4) You make Devin sigh!
5) You pre-judge the album without seeing the complete package (intended quality/mix of audio, artwork, lyrics, notes and extras). Perhaps similar to only seeing one side of the argument in a courtroom.
6) You make the HDF moderators very sad. I cry into my mango every night!
8) The more digital/illegal copies of the album exist, the more people on release day there will be that have not yet bought the album. At this point, we are unable to tell if any one of these people ever intend to buy the album.
9) The more people who download the album illegally, the less people on release that are eager to buy the album. Less eager = less desperate = less good. Some people may not bother to buy the album due to a severe lack of eagerness. This would smelly.
10) I can't think of any more, but there may be some.

See, that's at least 10 excellent points! I suppose that ultimately things will be ok, provided that you do infact buy the finished product.

The world may not totally crack in half...but just a bit.

-Davidmonga

That smilie is actually 'eight') ! Doh!

#104566 by TrenTs
Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:02 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:

2) You potentially encourage or enable others to do the same, with no guarantee that they will have the same moral standpoint as you and may not purchase the final product.
3) You dispel/deflate the mystery and hype that surrounds a release, which may in turn harm sales (though thats a bit vague).
4) You make Devin sigh!
5) You pre-judge the album without seeing the complete package (intended quality/mix of audio, artwork, lyrics, notes and extras). Perhaps similar to only seeing one side of the argument in a courtroom.
8) The more digital/illegal copies of the album exist, the more people on release day there will be that have not yet bought the album. At this point, we are unable to tell if any one of these people ever intend to buy the album.
9) The more people who download the album illegally, the less people on release that are eager to buy the album. Less eager = less desperate = less good. Some people may not bother to buy the album due to a severe lack of eagerness. This would smelly.

See, that's at least 10 excellent points! I suppose that ultimately things will be ok, provided that you do infact buy the finished product.

-Davidmonga

I do agree... maybe I shouldn't it this quickly. I still can't wait until it hits the stores though.

#104587 by Ninja Butterfly
Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:59 pm
Just one more ... people who do download it and buy it could remember to delete the album from their shared files on download sites or others can download from them who may not actually buy the album when it is released.

#104621 by sj_2150
Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:11 pm
Blazingmonga wrote:

4) You make Devin sigh!

-Davidmonga

very nice monga!'
also whats the chance you get a friend to listen to it and then he downloadsit? then he gets another friend to listen then he downloads it? its like a snowball effect

#104686 by Goat
Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:26 am
Who sings this in which song:

"Tho' it's al been said before
it's the kind of love worth fighting for. . ."

#104688 by Biert
Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:33 am
Goat wrote:Who sings this in which song:

Whitesnake - Wings of the storm

#104694 by Goat
Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:03 am
Biert wrote:

Yep. My hint would be:

TA()TA()TAAAAA

I'm talking 'bout ...

This was embarrasingly quick though.

#104695 by Biert
Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:13 am
Goat wrote:
Biert wrote:

Yep. My hint would be:

TA()TA()TAAAAA

I'm talking 'bout ...

This was embarrasingly quick though.

Yes, I googled my ass off.

#104697 by Goat
Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:15 am
You cheating bastard!

#104717 by Pisshead
Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:01 pm
sj_2150 wrote:
Blazingmonga wrote:

4) You make Devin sigh!

-Davidmonga

very nice monga!'
also whats the chance you get a friend to listen to it and then he downloadsit? then he gets another friend to listen then he downloads it? its like a snowball effect

I got someone to download it (because I thought there was no hope of a purchase from this particular individual and wanted to spread the word anyway)

Turns out he loves the album so much he WILL buy it!

Sometimes spreading the word is enough.