You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#84812 by Jack Sparrow
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:09 pm
I was amazed to read that from the DTB journal...

OK......

The drumtracks for Synchestra are done !!!!!!!

The only way I can describe this album is beautiful and epic ! I'll go as far as to say that this album could easily be one of Devin's best solo releases yet ! It is inspiring to listen to and there is'nt a filler song on the whole album IMO. Every song flows into the next song perfectly, Synchestra is like like one big song. Dev has produced this record so well. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a release of an album that I've played drums on. I'm very, very proud of this outing for the DTB.

As far as Day 2 and how recording the drums went.....

It was a crazy Day. I ended up recording 7 songs the first day but we decided to re-do the song "Hypergeek" on Day #2. We wanted to produce the drums better and that we did ! I ended up recording 8 songs on the final day. some of the songs were up to 10 mins long or so ! Devin and I had so many great ideas that we needed to try and I just pounded away on them. We tried so many different beats and fills until we knew exactly what we wanted for every song. I still recorded lot's of what we originally wrote but in some songs we needed the drums to be even more powerfull or Dynamic. The whole process turned out so well, even though we could have used alot more than 2 days or 1.5 days of drum tracking ! Even though we were pressed for time to get the drumtracks done in 1.5 days....we came out on top ! My ankle held out well, it hurt a bit when I did the faster double bass stuff but who cares, get the job done !!! I'm extremely happy with the end result.....I can't wait for you guy's to hear this album. The drumming on this album compared to AE is way different.....it's more the style I like to play......progressive and creative with the some fast double bass drumming ! I can honestly say that this album will represent my overall drumming style way better than AE did. I'm very proud of this record for the songs and the drumming.

The Armoury studios definitely helped the situation as well. Their staff and just the overall vibe of that Studio is as top-notch as it gets. It's impossible to be in a bad mood when you record at that place. Everything turned out amazing and the drums sound fucking incredible !!! A special "Thank You" goes out to Shaun Thingvold for his amazing engineer talents and Brian Seely for being an awesome drum tech ! Both these guy's RULE !

As far as working with Devin on this album......Devin is such an amazing producer to work with. Dev and I think on the same level when it comes to the drumming in the DTB. It's a really cool feeling when you click with a producer that way. Dev's guitar playing was amazing as usual, the guitar melodies on this record are so beautiful and memorable. Dev is a fuckin genius when it comes to music. I know he hates hearing that but it's true.

As for the rest of the DTB.....Brian, Mike and Dave were spot on in jamming out the songs while I recorded. Mike is playing some sic shit on this record, he's an amazing Bass player and you guys are gonna' love his playing on this album. Same with Dave, his keyboard parts are insane and he's an incredible guitar player on top of it all ! Brian....what can you say ! Other than his obsession with he is an amzing guitar player and was spot on in the 2 days of recording.

Next up are the guitar tracks. I'm sure Brian will give you guy's an update when they start tracking in a few days. Stay posted for more news and stuff. I did take a bunch of pictures and I will post them soon for you all to see.

Everyone......prepare for one amazing album. It's so epic and beautiful. I can honestly say that this is an album to get excited over. It will be amazing.......just my opinion, but I firmly believe this.

Until next time.....take care,

All the best,

RVP.

That's sounding HOT, isn't it? :)

#84813 by Atari
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:10 pm
*twitches*

#84815 by gurp13
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:40 pm
Hell yes!

#84816 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:42 pm
Ryan, stop making me orgasm!!!! That was the most erotic story I ever read! :lol: Dudes and dudettes, I think this damn record will kick so much ass in so many beautiful ways that even Heidi Klum slapping your ass with a burning torch couldn't be more beautiful...

#84826 by gurp13
Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:30 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:Ryan, stop making me orgasm!!!! That was the most erotic story I ever read! :lol: Dudes and dudettes, I think this damn record will kick so much ass in so many beautiful ways that even Heidi Klum slapping your ass with a burning torch couldn't be more beautiful...

Man, I wish I could get off so easily. :-) I still have to touch it. And, I do like the Heidi Klum part, but a torch? You mean a flashlight or something that has actual fire at the end?

Anyway, this album's gonna be killer. When's it come out again? Get it done, guys! :-D

#84828 by EphelDuath666
Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:10 pm
gurp13 wrote:And, I do like the Heidi Klum part, but a torch? You mean a flashlight or something that has actual fire at the end?

is there anything wacko about that?
:lol:

#84832 by Socialenemy69
Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:34 pm
Looks like Ryan has found his Musical Soulmate :)

#84841 by Atari
Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:37 pm
Pictures are up.

#84842 by fullgore
Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:37 pm
And a fine drawing as well!

#84843 by Atari
Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:42 pm
fullgore wrote:And a fine drawing as well!

Dev shit the bed!

#84855 by gurp13
Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:29 am
EphelDuath666 wrote:
gurp13 wrote:And, I do like the Heidi Klum part, but a torch? You mean a flashlight or something that has actual fire at the end?

is there anything wacko about that?
:lol:

:-) Well, I'll answer that if you tell me if it's the flashlight or something with actual fire coming out of it. One I can see, the other, well, sir, all I can say is it's no wonder you like Hellraiser. ;-D

#84862 by Persuader
Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:24 am
Dev behind the kit, who would have known? :)

#84863 by Olive?
Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:29 am
OMFG... The waiting is making me sick... It's unbearable! :shock: :shock: :shock:

#84866 by EphelDuath666
Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:51 am
gurp13 wrote::-) Well, I'll answer that if you tell me if it's the flashlight or something with actual fire coming out of it. One I can see, the other, well, sir, all I can say is it's no wonder you like Hellraiser. ;-D

I meant one with actual fire coming out of it. My interests are a bit...special :lol:

Well, the pics are great! That makes it even harder to wait for Synchestra!