You are the rainbow! You are the sun to my chameleon!
#76760 by Mephistopheles
Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:45 pm
Does this mean the DVD will not be as insanely awesome as the "DT DVD Hoorah!" thread made it sound like it would be? I like the idea of getting a DVD as a bonus but I was more than willing to buy both. And if the quality of the DVD is sacrificed I will be upset.

#76761 by EvilPanda
Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:09 pm
Maybe it'll be a full length DVD like it was supposed to be only not offered in a seperate package.

#76764 by LouiLoomis
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:29 pm
Ok but wasn't there meant to be an audio CD included with the original DVD idea, of the concert?

#76772 by Kristopher
Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:34 pm
cool. this could be the DTB best of dvd+ and the Next DTB album in one purchase... This could be niceness

#76776 by Greg Reason
Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:40 pm
I don't like that idea of the DVD as a free givaway with the album... Dev needs to make as much money as he can, he should release it seperately. C'mon, they made us pay for Strapping's shitty fuckin DVD with a stupid fuckin setlist, they should at least have us part cash for something decent like this, with it's WAY better setlist... I wanna help the Dev live comfortably and be able to buy better gear like PRS guitars and Mesa amps!

#76793 by Terria Machine
Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:21 am
^ What is the setlist to the concert?

#76796 by LouiLoomis
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:02 am
SMN News: Can you reveal anything that’s going to be on the DVD?

Devin: Yea, it’s gonna be like 9 or 10 songs like “Earth Day”, “Seventh Wave”, “Storm”, “Regulator”, “Away”, “Deep Peace”, all that sort of shit. And then the “Syncastra” is like one song, but it’s like 70 minutes long. It’s fucking cool, it makes me happy.

So thats all we know at the moment...

#76797 by djskrimp
Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:28 am
I wanna help the Dev live comfortably and be able to buy better gear like PRS guitars and Mesa amps![/quote]

PRS guitars as better gear? I think not, my friend. 22 frets, and the old way of hand crafting has gone the way of mass production...that does NOT smell like "quality" to me. Get the man a Caparison.....THERE'S your quality

#76805 by burning witch
Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:20 pm
Y'know Dev actually put work into the SYL dvd so it really bugs me when people start the 'but it's so fucking shitty' buisness. You wern't forced to buy it and really it's a great slab of live SYL that you can keep and watch whenever you want. So yknow, give the man a break when it comes to that area eh?

#76806 by EphelDuath666
Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:26 pm
yeah...and "supid fucking setlist" :lol: I always thought that at least no one would bitch about the setlist.

#76809 by asparagusDuck
Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:42 pm
i love the SYL dvd, i think that guy just hates everything to do with the self titled album for some reason.

anyway, i kinda woulda preferred the DVD separate just because i would have bought both anyway and i like having my music dvds organized together and stuff. but whatever, as long as the content is cool im a happy camper :)
ill take whatever dev i can get

#76811 by blakmetalemp
Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:46 pm
I would rather have a DVD seperate from the album but I guess I'll take it however I can get it.

#76818 by burning witch
Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:21 pm
EphelDuath666 wrote:yeah...and "supid fucking setlist" :lol: I always thought that at least no one would bitch about the setlist.

Aye. The setlist is groovy.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, nor am I taking a stance of 'I love everything Devin has put his hands on so don't you dare bad mouth it'* but I really love the SYL dvd and sometimes think it deserves more credit then it gets.

But on to the actual topic. I would of liked a seperate DVD for all the reasons listed in this thread, but I'm not going to dictate what I want and don't want to hear/see.

*Okay so I DO pretty much love everything Dev has done, but that's a minor point I feel. :lol:

#76827 by EternalMetal
Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:41 pm
The dvd is good. Nuff said.

I cant wait for the new album. If the quality of the dvd is just as good, i see no bad in releasing it along with the cd. But i would like them to spend some tie on it and make it a quality dvd.